Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi guys i went on a detecting trip this week it was a fun time, got to meet some new detectorist friends and had a great time detecing, I'm gonna split the finds up into 4 diff posts. we detected old town squares and parks, first park i got a cheap ring and a square token that says 1 1/2, then we hit a second park, it used to be the town square.

in the first 5 min. I got a 1911-D barber dime and a 1893 IH penny, 4 hours later and much clad, I was walking along the fence line, and got a 91 VDI in my XLT 7 in. directly under a huge root, Steve came over with his periscope probe and got under the root and it said good target so we started to dig 10 kin. later we pull out an 1892-O morgan it was partially stuck in the root!, 10 ft. from that was a 1911 Barber quarter, 1 hour after that it was getting dark and as we started walking toward the cars I got an 88 VDI on my XLT and it turned out to be a cool sarsparilla token :) ... stay tuned there was even a better find the next day :) jd

Attachments

• Picture 440a.JPG
    Picture 440a.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0
Great hunt J.D.! Keep 'em coming!

JD, Great finds...I can't wait for the next installment! Jim Cal

jd, great stuff!!! My eyes were bulging just looking at those beauties. Lets get the next installment on here, can't wait!!!
CONGRATS!!!

Man Oh Man! You are hittin the good stuff. I sure haven't been able to find any sites around here that will produce like that. Congrats. Spotz

np bud we were supposed to go near hannible to detect but the weather got bad so we went south instead!

JD,

is MO a state where few people have and or have never had detectors!?

You seem to find a LOT of good items that we here in MI (as in other states I'm sure) are few and far in between because of so much metal detecting activity over the years by so many hunters!

You make it look easy, and like the "old days" before every one and his brother bought a metal detector and called themselves a treasure hunter!

You're also making us all jealous and want to drive down/over to your state and whip out our machines to clean up on some of those finds you've been making so you don't get them all! lol ;D

Nice finds, keep it swinging, and keep on posting em as you find em!

There are detectorists here and some very good ones, its not really that easy, right now I dont work and Im detecting every chance i get usually 8-12 hours a day 6-7 days a week Im obsessed with detecting there are many,many days I find nothing.... then once or twice a week i'll find a good spot, i dont just go to a park and detect it, i head for the woods, hills , embankments, I went to a park with 2 other detectorists and we were finding only clad I saw 2 giant old pine trees in the park and I crawled underneath them, I got 2 barbers, and 2 V nickles...they could have decided to do the same thing but they didnt i did. the others only got clad, plus i beleive in pure luck.. when we went to the train depot with 3 other detectorists anybody could have decided to hit the spot i did, but i was the one who hit it and found the ring and coins.
There are many good spots left in Michigan, the guys on the coinist forum and findmall forums from Michigan find awsome stuff!!

j.d. in missouri said:
There are many good spots left in Michigan, the guys on the coinist forum and findmall forums from Michigan find awsome stuff!!

You're 100% correct...Michigan has some awesome treasure. Not only on land but in the lakes.

I get little time to hunt :'( But I still love dug things so I buy them from a couple of detectorists located in Michigan. It's nearly unbelievable what they find.

Yepper, Michigan is a great THing state. But, so are most of the others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back