CRISPINS CRITTERS

2GF,

A tune to cheer you up and play back when the missus calls.....The Beatles - Get Back.

RC very appropriate song from one of my favorite singers since the 70's. DR you're right buddy, I guess this thread would tell our life's story fort a couple years. Pretty cool. Speaking of I have a story- my wife is a nurse. She takes care of rich people but they don't pay well, that's why they are rich I guess. My wife and her client are leaving on a cruise from LA to Tahiti, Fiji, Bora Bora, New Caledonia to Sydney, fly back to Hawaii then home......leaving tomorrow. My wife isn't medically up for the trip, but this trip was about 8 months in the making. A lot of money has been spent and she can't bail out on her client. I'm not too happy about it. I told her to have fun, take a lot of pictures. I got her a SAT PHONE so she can keep in touch with us. This car accident was just bad timing. Maybe someday well be rich and famous and we can take the same trip together........... Yes it's me and the boys and MY KIDS with no relief for 35 days!!!!!!! Will he make it???????? Taking bets now......... Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Shhhhh be very veery quiet maybe I can use all the tape before she finds out! Thanks for the music as always Bill!

2GF, at least you have all those survival skills in your background that those 35 days will pass before you know it....OR NOT:dontknow:....You'll manage, and the grandkids will help......Gary

Wonder if I could just bump this thread another 75 times to get the 15,000 post.....nah, I'll let Jeff do that......Gary

Folks,

My Celtic blood comes out from time to time and this song seems to fit the bill....

Paul McCartney - Mull of Kintyre.

Gary,

I'm sure we'll get there eventually.....considering this thread started as a bit of a lark it surprises me it's run this long.

Regards + HH

Bill

Wonder if I could just bump this thread another 75 times to get the 15,000 post.....nah, I'll let Jeff do that......Gary

hey Gary, I haven't hit a milepost post yet

Yeah GMD I think tonight I'll paint their faces green and hit the woods and start setting snares everywhere. Tell the kids if they don't catch anything, they don't eat !! Haha but the 8 year old is a good trapper it might back fire he's like me he loves stuff like that. She left about an hour ago. I think the kids and I will just have a lot of fun with it. We can't eat fish at home because she's allergic to fish and shellfish........ I'll have them fishing for dinner and digging up mollusks, eat some squirrel make mountain men out of a couple....... Or they might starve! You know the old survival of the fittest and all! Hehe ok folks I'm kidding don't be calling the authorities on me, but I've got an 8 year old and a 12 year old that can tell direction by the stars, can build waterproof shelters can you do that. GMD knows where my heart is right bro?

RC that's a beautiful piece

PS the 8 and 12 year olds are great primitive fire builders too....... Poppy has trained them hard. It's leading up to their ". Vision Quest" they have to face alone. Three days alone in the woods, where they come back with the answers of who they will become as adults. Old Native Indian Passage to become a man. I had to do it.

Oh yeah you do it when you are 14. At least I had to do it at 14.......... But who knows with the way these days are their option might be quite " modified"

Those kids are certainly luckey.....they are becoming self-suffcient at the same time as they have fun with Gramps......you can never have too many survival skills. I still strike out to the woods with only a blackpowder smoothbore and flint and steel......nothing better than grouse roasting over an open fire....and it is peaceful and quiet. Mother Nature will always take care of those that take care of her......HH.....Gary

Many of us had the luxury of being taught the ways of Nature, and being part Mohawk, I too have spent time alone in the woods seeking the answers to being alive....everything isn't on the internet!......MY signiture: "Kawanro che Keetera"...I am master wherever I am......Gary

2GF,

I'm glad you're teaching your grand kids survival skills....always good to know and it should help build their character knowing they can fend for themselves.

Here's a funny true story.....Where I live there's a native reserve across the lake from me and one day detecting in a park along the water a lady about retirement age and her son approached me and were asking questions about the hobby, etc....

I was explaining the ins and outs of the hobby and she looked at a tree and mentioned to bad it was dying....as it turns out there was moss on the tree and I explained that often happens but it grows on the north side and is a good survival skill to know if you get lost in the woods....btw she and her son were obviously native descent and we had a good laugh that a Scottish descent person was showing them the ropes about nature survival....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill
PS the 8 and 12 year olds are great primitive fire builders too....... Poppy has trained them hard. It's leading up to their ". Vision Quest" they have to face alone. Three days alone in the woods, where they come back with the answers of who they will become as adults. Old Native Indian Passage to become a man. I had to do it.

Word. Oh sorry Jeff,didn't see ya there buddy.:tongue3:
Now, Now, Fellow Critters....

We mustn't provide positive reinforcement for abhorrent, ahem, Behavior.
Should we?
Think of the children!

There is a possibility of providing an aura of grandioseness....
Or worse....
GASP!
Encouragement of megalomania!
:laughing7:
There.
I've said it.

"What's that mean, Scott?"

------------------------

(Glad you're back, Buddy! :headbang:)

Best,

Scott​

Last edited: