CRISPINS CRITTERS

I am saddened my friends....yesterday was the death of a comedic icon. Robin Wiilliams. I loved his work. In 1979 in high school I copied one of his stand up routines and won the talent show. I had that gymnasium roaring......thank you Robin......I miss you already....Depression is an evil ugly monster. Be with God now my friend

5F8E01B1DD664E099124D59BB8D1690A.jpg

A ton of laughs. But too Robin could make an audience feel empathy for a character that ran deep. Quite diverse and a cross section of different comedic and acting strengths and schools.

[video]http://www.spike.com/video-clips/d78f7n/rv-who-is-that-maniac[/video]

Folks,

Robin Williams was a comedic genius and a great person....unfortunately his demons got the better of him.

I feel this song is a fitting tribute.

Robin was an inspiration to me, comedically,
to help me feel that my humor wasn't "too far out there."
I enjoyed his spontaneous humor on any subject, sometimes crossing the line.

When I think of Robin, I think of surely a mentor of his; Jonathan Winters.
I'm saddened that no one could help him and the world has lost another true Genius....
---------------

I didn't go to the Mountains.

After nearly a month of no rain and Drought status for the area,
It decides to rain on Friday preventing me from cutting the grass.
It rains all day.
I cannot go camping until my obligations are fulfilled.

Saturday, it rains off and on all day.

Sunday, I had a window of 2-3 hours of no rain.
I quickly cut the grass.

I will have to go back to classes next week without the respite that I had yearned for.

I haven't gotten any cheap textbooks yet and I'm always hungry!
Thank goodness I'll get some teeth this Friday!

Hard to be ready for classes without having "charged my batteries" in the Mountains.....

Feel like a ball game on a rainy day.....

Hope all had a Great weekend.

My Best Wishes,

Scott​

Last edited:
Folks,

Robin Williams was a comedic genius and a great person....unfortunately his demons got the better of him.

I feel this song is a fitting tribute.

Bill,
You are correct.

Robin spent time with the troops, bringing a refreshing diversion with his performances "in country."

Another Actor who gives for our Troops is Gary Sinise:

Gary Sinise Foundation | Serving Honor and Need

If we Honor Robin's passing,
We should remember what he stood for....
After all, He DID win an Oscar for a serious role....

Best,

Scott

I miss my Cat Girl Critters....
Pat and Squiggy...

Reckon if I play a song for them that they will post?

Dang!

I wanna see Winston!

Please?

Best,

Scott​

Last edited:
One more and I'll stop. This rather haunts me........I truly loved Robin Williams work. I remember watching "The Fisher King" in Korea at the Base Theater and actually connecting with his character. Now that is scary. I wanted my wife to watch the movie straight away back stateside, she said it was silly......how far away were we really? I found these quotes on the web and thought them fitting. Some I learned and say even to this day, but they were from a master of humor......we just never know how deep depression goes do we? Awful, awful thing

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."

"A woman would never make a nuclear bomb. They would never make a weapon that kills. They’d make a weapon that makes you feel bad for a while."

"Everyone has these two visions when they hold their child for the first time. The first is your child as an adult saying 'I want to thank the Nobel Committee for this award.' The other is 'You want fries with that?'"

"You could talk about same-sex marriage, but people who have been married say ‘It’s the same sex all the time.'"

"Most of all, I want to thank my father, up there, the man who when I said I wanted to be an actor, he said, 'Wonderful. Just have a back-up profession like welding'."

"Never fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose."

One more and I'll stop. This rather haunts me........I truly loved Robin Williams work. I remember watching "The Fisher King" in Korea at the Base Theater and actually connecting with his character. Now that is scary. I wanted my wife to watch the movie straight away back stateside, she said it was silly......how far away were we really? I found these quotes on the web and thought them fitting. Some I learned and say even to this day, but they were from a master of humor......we just never know how deep depression goes do we? Awful, awful thing

"A woman would never make a nuclear bomb. They would never make a weapon that kills. They’d make a weapon that makes you feel bad for a while."

"Everyone has these two visions when they hold their child for the first time. The first is your child as an adult saying 'I want to thank the Nobel Committee for this award.' The other is 'You want fries with that?'"

"You could talk about same-sex marriage, but people who have been married say ‘It’s the same sex all the time.'"

"Most of all, I want to thank my father, up there, the man who when I said I wanted to be an actor, he said, 'Wonderful. Just have a back-up profession like welding'."

Humor has potential to heal.
Sadly, I know why the funniest guy or gal in the room is most often the saddest and/or most troubled.....

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

You're welcome.

Best,

Scott

PS.
Great Study music, eh?​

It's alright to turn it over and realize influence. It is likely Robin felt similar with the passing of Jonathan Winters and considered the influence he had had on his views.
We are all part of a whole,some things will relate closely with others sometimes. Bits and pieces shared, with differences enough to make uniqueness of the individual.
And a guarded self kept apart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back