CRISPINS CRITTERS

I see others ...We should have feedback from 45thJohnny and see if the right voice was hit. Plenty of covers of the song....

Here's what's left of Christmas sanity for me. Radio in wee hours . At home with a quiet winter view out the window if missed on the ride.
Started long ago on stimulating winter byways leaving yet another dysfunction of sorts called a family gathering. Too many families with fractions of any that felt like family.
Tired little towns and villages scattered on the drive. Hints of bygone era's and folks. Quiet river crossings. Deer finally relaxed enough to browse.....whoa ,look out!, ...and cross roads with too little caution.
A quiet less human element able to shine with less background static ,but still affecting all.

Ding ding ding, and the winner is Mr. Bill Flying lizzards - Money that's what I want. But you all are still winners to me.

Thank you yall,

Johnny

RC,

Just a lucky guess....I had never heard of the group before...lol. It turns out the gal didn't have much of a voice which is why she just said the words rather than singing and it ended up a top 10 hit go figure.

But then again Bob Dylan has one of the crappiest voices in music and he's been around forever.

Regards + HH

Bill

Singing can vary. For sure. But ,get the picture across and it does not always have to sound angelic.
Dylan can remind me of.....

Johnny,

Yep that's the dude originally from the midwest possibly Minneapolis and that cowboy/nasal drawl is just made up not his natural voice...heh whatever works.

In the early day he supposedly played at a coffee house in Montreal by the name of the Rainbow Bar + Grill also way back he had The Band as his backup group before they parted ways and went off on their own.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:
I think I will try to watch "Alice's Restaurant" the movie, again. I like how it seems the legends all meet along the road of life and I just passed through and never gave it much of a thought. Also "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore." etc...

Last edited:
Joke of the day—I heard a report about a bad outbreak of the tummy bug, apparently 9 out of 10 people there suffered from diarrhea. I can’t stop thinking about that tenth person who apparently enjoyed it.

Folks,
Considering that Christmas is just around the corner I came across a video of a recipe for a traditional French Canadian Christmas dish we have every year.

It's called tourtiere which is a meat pie. There's probably as many versions and seasonings as there are cooks who make it but this one is by a US based chef and the instructions are quite good.

Regards + HH

Bill

After not winning the "Mega Millions" lottery last drawing, and spending $2 per set of numbers, I have come up with an idea....
The drawing for tomorrow night is for $208 million.
I recruited the guys in the maintenance shop to pick a set of numbers, give me a dollar, I'll put a dollar towards their numbers and if those numbers win anything, we'll split.
I reminded them of all of the times that they've heard of co-workers winning the jackpot!
EVERYBODY got on board!

But, what they didn't realize is that for the total of 25 different sets of numbers that they each picked, some choosing 3 sets, some 5 sets, some only 2 sets, ole Scotty has ALL 25 chances to win!

What? Is that wrong? :dontknow: :laughing7:

Hope all are well!

Scott

Last edited:
Can someone answer a question for me?

Does one have to be a Charter Member to view "Personal Pages?"

Scott

Have you ever felt that you were fighting a losing battle?
Yet, kept on fighting? Because of the Victory ahead?

I'm trying to teach Tristan some basic German, based upon my perception of his desire to learn....

So far, I've written down, phonetically and accurately, and daily speak to him basics like the day of the week, numbers from zero to 20,
and other basic phrases. Like, "Wie spät ist es?"

I messaged him thus:
"Our lunch is ready. When I ask, 'Und was ist heute?' I want you to answer correctly!"

Folks, Tristan has a slight learning disability and a slight lisp. Not to mention an inferiority complex.
You see my fight.
A fight to overcome a dismal and sad childhood and lack of nurturing....

However, I will continue to work with him to show him that he can do anything that he will show the desire to learn and do.
Yes, I have made a lunch for us again tomorrow.
Yes, We will practice German again tomorrow.
And, Yes, I will let him know again that he can do anything that he sets his mind to do.
Tomorrow is his last day of High School and he graduates.
The ceremony isn't until May, but, I promised that I'd be there to see him "Walk" at the moment and cheer at his success........

Hope all can help another, also.

Best,

Scott

Last edited:
Found out that my computer crash was about the power module...:dontknow:

Anyway, It will cost about $30 to fix and I will soon be back on my familiar turf.

Consider y'all selves warned! :tongue3:

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back