Connecting Air Pods to a Garrett AT Pro

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two year old found my Garrett corded headphones the other day and needless to say they are no longer in working order. I had the wiring electric taped together from being jerked on by tree branches to many times so it was just a matter of time. Anyway I was wondering if they made some type of Bluetooth device that would pair up with the Apple air pods and if so how good is it?

Upvote -1
I don’t know about connecting AirPods but you can get the Z-Lynk (maybe spelled wrong) that connects to the ATP and has wireless headphones. After I got it, I wondered why it took me so long 🤷🏻‍♂️. The only thing I don’t like about the unit is that you decrease the water resistance while using the unit. You’d have to switch to a corded unit or the fully waterproof unit going into water. Last thing to remember is you should buy yourself another corded set as a backup whatever your final solution is. It’s the worst to go out and realize you forgot to charge something and be dead in the water.

There are many BT dongles with banana jack on Amazon. I couldn't post a link for reference.

You could get a headphone jack adapter made for AT pro, to connect 1/4" jack. Then get a Bluetooth transmitter to plug in and use Bluetooth.

There will be a lag though from detector to earbuds, as it doesn't seem airpods are low latency. The recommended setup for bluetooth is a APTX Low latency transmitter, coupled with a pair of APTX LL headphones or buds. 40ms and under for no lag.

The delay on anything Bluetooth that is not ‘low latency’ is horrible.

The beep you hear is about 2 feet from where the coil actually is.

The

Thanks for the replies everyone, I’ll see about soldering everything back together and fixing them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back