Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well I finally got to Coinstar to cash in coins this week - all dug coins. I found out that you can should get a e-gift card instead of taking cash by watching Youtubes. So I selected Amazon e-gift (not cash) and dumped my coins in and ended up with $85.65 on a e-gift slip. I had given a two pound jar of quarters and dimes to the grand kids for helping on a yard cleanup project - so that explains why dime count was on the low side.
I was surprised at 358 nickels but I always check to make sure I haven't filtered that out with too high a discrimination. You should know the reason - you lose gold rings too if you do this. No nickels - no gold rings. Least on my machines.

Also, I did not tumble any of these coins. I clean all coins with toothbrush, dish detergent, baking soda and water - when I get home from MD'ing. Some of these coins were quite discolored as clad coins will become in ground. Coinstar accepted all but about 30 coins. It did reject more but I learned to just resubmit them to hopper and it accepted most of them on the second try. Imagine that!

The Amazon e-gift card is then transferred to Amazon gift card on your Amazon account. (see below)

Anyway, hope that tip helps some of you who didn't realize this is the way around paying 12% of your take to Coinstar.
HH!

Attachments

• Coinstar_06.22.24.JPG
    Coinstar_06.22.24.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 12
  • Amazon_Gift_card_transfer.jpg
    Amazon_Gift_card_transfer.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 11

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back