Classic Rock Rules!

Eric Burdon and the Animals....from 1967.

The world was a different place back then.

Some Bachman Turner Overdrive aka BTO, former members of Guess Who.

Some Bachman Tuner Overdrive, aka BTO, former members of Guess Who.

Yet another great rocker..started out in the early 70's singing for Montrose, and then decided he was better on his own. I agree!

And ya can't have a Classic Rock thread without the Dead being present... :occasion14:

So many great ones..now gone from us. Ray Manzarek and JIm MOrrison..both now gone. Morrison's musical poetry, and Manzarek and his magical keyboards are missed.

Last edited:
Iconic song. Robbie Krieger made that acoustic guitar almost speak. Still, just ain't the same without the Huey's in the background.

Jump ahead to about the 1 minute mark.

Awesome thread TH... :occasion14:

Hope y'all don't mind me posting quite a bit...there's just so much incredible music from our era to share. Sure brings back the memories. I remember when my parents were my age now, and how much they enjoyed hearing songs from their generation again. Now I know why.

Last edited:
Awesome thread TH... :occasion14:

Hope y'all don't mind me posting quite a bit...there's just so much incredible music from our era to share. Sure brings back the memories.er when my parents were my age now, and how much they enjoyed hearing songs from their generation again. Now I know why.
Dizzy, I've no problem with other members posting videos,👍I only asked that videos be classic rock. 👍

Dizzy, I've no problem with other members posting videos,👍I only asked that videos be classic rock. 👍

I have rather eclectic taste in music, but when it come to anything in the rock world all I listen to is Classic Rock. I know all the lyrics, and my hearing is so bad that I can't understand anything new..I hear the music, but can't make out the words.
bur2.gif

for the last year I've been listening to Jazz with No Words 24/7

Though at the Same time when a I am reminded of Rock, Rap,Regge or Punk songs Deep in my Brain because of a Certain Phrase or Word I re-listen to them.

In most Cases if I Don't know the words I Replace them in my head with Ones I want to hear :laughing7:

In most Cases if I Don't know the words I Replace them in my head with Ones I want to hear :laughing7:

This I can relate to...I've written/made-up a bunch of parody songs. Probably a good thing I can't sing. :laughing7:

This I can relate to...I've written/made-up a bunch of parody songs. Probably a good thing I can't sing. :laughing7:
That's funny.... When I was drumming for Fantasy our lead singer would change up words and phrases of songs on the fly. I had a Dove system for my drums and could hear every word clearly. He'd turn around and smile and laugh. He'd say all those folks out front dancing away don't even care as long as you don't stop playing. He was quick and good at it. And yes some did notice and just laughed away.

Classic rock is all I listen too. I use LiveOne, I pay $10.00 a month for their premium account, there is free version, but you dont get play lists, skips or preminum sound and you get a DJ, I can make as many playlists as I want, they can also be as long as I want no limit and I stream them to my home and car stereo, no DJ, and no commercials.

I currently have 90 play lists and 60 albums saved. A lot of the play lists are "Best Of" groups, and a lot are mixed play lists, Also have seperate play list for 50s, 60s, 70, and 80s.....

Check out LiveOne sometime.

Last edited:
Hey Limitool. I starting playing the drums in 4th grade and am 60 now and still playing. Love to sing as well...lead or back up/harmony. Yes, at the same time whilst playing a kit.
CLASSIC ROCK DOES RULE! Thanks for the thread, TH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back