Classic Rock Rules!

All good stuff guys! Brad. I don't consider myself a solo drummer but Bonham was the reason I got into playing so I can mingle. After growing up watching/listening to him and then Neal Peart came onto the scene, I knew I was not a "great" drummer, lol!
I would like to think that if I had made it back in the day and was able to really work the kit 50/60 hours a week that I could have been a Palmer, Mitch Mitchell, Stewert Copeland, Bruford, or even like a Taylor Hawkins. (I learned Everlong a few years back for a singer/guitar couple and had to play it constantly to be able to keep that BPM up. lol)
Don Brewer, another singing drummer.....I can nail "we're An American Band" by Grand Fund Railroad. He's not a great singer...I think I'm better, but that song ROCKS
Anywho, sorry, TH.....back to the thread and HH ALL

All good stuff guys! Brad. I don't consider myself a solo drummer but Bonham was the reason I got into playing so I can mingle. After growing up watching/listening to him and then Neal Peart came onto the scene, I knew I was not a "great" drummer, lol!
I would like to think that if I had made it back in the day and was able to really work the kit 50/60 hours a week that I could have been a Palmer, Mitch Mitchell, Stewert Copeland, Bruford, or even like a Taylor Hawkins. (I learned Everlong a few years back for a singer/guitar couple and had to play it constantly to be able to keep that BPM up. lol)
Don Brewer, another singing drummer.....I can nail "we're An American Band" by Grand Fund Railroad. He's not a great singer...I think I'm better, but that song ROCKS
Anywho, sorry, TH.....back to the thread and HH ALL
Sir you are LIGHT YEARS ahead of my talent. And YES... "We're An American Band" was a GREAT rocking song. To match Don, Mark & Mel is hard to do. I remember us (Fantasy) after upgrading our equipment 500% our world soared. I suggested... "Let's do some AC/DC". Ok.... So Mark & Ken learned QUICKLY some of those songs. I arrived for practice and had a new boom mike stand and a Shur mic by my drums. There all yours...! Everything worked out. I'm not a lead singer...!!!

My older brother exposed me to all the great rock in the 60's and 70's when we shared a bedroom. He picked up a guitar in 1965 and is still playing and teaching today. He has thousands of 60's, 70's and 80's albums and jackets. A true collector and rock and roll enthusiast.

Last edited:
One of the first hard rock groups and songs.

Since you guys are talking about drummers, Graeme was one of my favorite drummers....

This dong is what turned me on to Moody Blues....1965, juniorsin HS, been listening them ever since.

June 1971, I was discharged from the Air Force, Maggie May is released in July '71 climbing the charts and hits #1 in US and England in Oct 71, the great Rod Stewart.....

Never a big fan of Maggie May, but this one here used to get me fired up...

1968, after basic I was sent to Lowery AFB in Denver for Tech School, this song was played in every club on base and the clubs off base....

Another 1968 Box Tops hit...

Great song, TH. I was 4 years old in 68. I really am stuck in the 60's and 70's and wish I was a little older sometimes. Then again, not so much. Thanks for your service.

1969, Woodstock...Alvin Lee and 10 Years After.... Song was very popular on base when I was startioned on okinawa in support of Nam.... someone was always going home......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back