Civil War Belt Buckle and more!

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the river with HomeGuardDan today and we both did very well. Here are most of my interesting finds...

DSCN3291.JPG

Here is the front of the U.S. belt plate...

DSCN3293.JPG

And the back...

DSCN3294.JPG

Some really cool bullets that were made into sinkers for fishing...

DSCN3295.JPG

A few odds and ends to include a musket lockplate that looks almost exactly like one I found a week or two ago...

DSCN3296.JPG

And finally, a picture of some bullets and sinkers in-situ...

P7010015.JPG

Thanks for checking out my post!

Upvote 3
man that water is just chock full of cool stuff :icon_thumleft:

Great finds Aquachigger. Can you tell what the L-shaped pin with the hole in one end is? In the pictures, it's to the left of the plate you found. I have found a ccouple of them on Civil war sites. Keep 'em swingin'.

Man you tear it up Beau. I have about 4 real water hunts under my belt now and only have a brass ring to show for it. Doing tons of research right now so hopefully I'll be right there with ya with those types of finds soon. Awesome dude!

Great finds Aquachigger. Can you tell what the L-shaped pin with the hole in one end is? In the pictures, it's to the left of the plate you found. I have found a ccouple of them on Civil war sites. Keep 'em swingin'.

Hi fc... If you are talking about the thing that is almost touching the button, it's a pull for a canteen stopper. A cork would have been affixed to the straight part, and the finger hole was used to pull it out of the spout. Is that the piece you are talking about? Thanks for the comment btw...

Congrats on your finds... the belt buckle is indeed awesome!

Awesome as always Beau:icon_thumleft:

Exellent finds,those bullet sinkers are awesome.I've never seen those although I have found pleanty of odd ones.

That's a killer site! Congrats on the buckle!

Holy Moly! Great haul. I like how the soldiers modified their ammo into fishing weights. It tells a little story of camp life during the war.

Holy Moly! Great haul. I like how the soldiers modified their ammo into fishing weights. It tells a little story of camp life during the war.

I have to agree. Each one is like an individual little piece of soldier art. They are some of my favorite finds.

great finds guys, just got into water hunting myself, i def like it especially in this heat

Hi fc... If you are talking about the thing that is almost touching the button, it's a pull for a canteen stopper. A cork would have been affixed to the straight part, and the finger hole was used to pull it out of the spout. Is that the piece you are talking about? Thanks for the comment btw...

Hey, thanks for replying. No, the relics I'm talking about is on the far left-hand side of your first picture. It is iron and sort of shaped like an "L". It has a small hole in one end. It is as large as the buckle. Thanks

Incredible finds.
Thanks for posting,
Bunker

Congrats Chig !!!!!! love the belt plate and sinkers !!!! I would be living in that river. I have to say I'm a little dissapointed though,,,,,, what ,, no pistol ,,no rifles,, no silver cache ???? ??? :laughing7: keep on diggin and astounding us all !!

Hey, thanks for replying. No, the relics I'm talking about is on the far left-hand side of your first picture. It is iron and sort of shaped like an "L". It has a small hole in one end. It is as large as the buckle. Thanks

Not sure about that. It appears to be broken on the hole end. The other end has been deformed by beating with a hammer I think. I suppose it some sort of latch. I have seen similar latches on the old train cars.

Chigger you the Man when it comes to that water hunting......You gonna keep on and you'll read about me drowning from that
I'll go down find me a pile o'bullits fill my pockets and be too heavy to make it back up lol.......Cool finds man Keep up the good work!........lol.....:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back