Central Virginia find, any identification?

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On Friday after some heavy rain me and my grandfather hit our trails for a bit. Immediately he found this. Usually I wouldnā€™t worry about identifying but since this is one of the nicer point weā€™ve ever found, my curiosity is peaked. Here in Central Virginia, 95% of the points we find are crude quartz, and small. Probably average around an inch in length. This one is right under 3 inches. After checking the projectilepoints.net website, I was unable to say for sure what type it was, any help would be much appreciated.
IMG_4367.jpeg
IMG_4366.jpeg

Upvote 13
On Friday after some heavy rain me and my grandfather hit our trails for a bit. Immediately he found this. Usually I wouldnā€™t worry about identifying but since this is one of the nicer point weā€™ve ever found, my curiosity is peaked. Here in Central Virginia, 95% of the points we find are crude quartz, and small. Probably average around an inch in length. This one is right under 3 inches. After checking the projectilepoints.net website, I was unable to say for sure what type it was, any help would be much appreciated. View attachment 2161329View attachment 2161330
Each state could be a different name but here I would say Hopewell by the base stem showing it being roundish.

I looked it up and there is many stemmed points in this area but I couldnā€™t pin point the type 100%.
Thatā€™s what I found aswell, canā€™t say exactly for sure. Thanks for trying though, probably no way of saying 100% what type it is

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back