Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I went with DiggerGrl yesterday to do some Serious Detectin at a few of the spots my new research has led me to. We spent a while at an old brick schoolhouse site and after a few hours we got tired of digging pounds and Pounds of can slaw out of the plowed fields there... the best find was a Great Seal coat button :-\ ...so we changed location to an old brick home that looked pretty darned good. Well, within minutes DG announced that she got an IH--a pretty one. 1901. We started pounding the yard to death and soon two IH's followed for me as well. :) Then that rascal digger got herself into an OOOOOLD pocket spill! She shouted out "Indian Head" again...and then "Wheat Penny!" Followed by "There's another one!" (At this point I just put my detector down and took a front row seat to the action. As she pulled old coin after old coin out of an area three feet square, I was kept thinking that there had to be an old silver in there somewhere... Five wheat pennies from the teens and three Indian Heads came up. No silvers in there--but I know she had a BLAST with her first OLD pocket spill. Found a river geode and a chrinoid stem too. 8) We have a huge side yard and old road to hunt--plus a large, old orchard there. So we'll be back. :wink:

3-29-08.jpg

3-29-08 Indian Cents.jpg

Regards,

Buckleboy

Upvote 0
This must be the year of the tribe BB/DG....Seem's evryone is finding them except me :icon_scratch: .Keep em' coming you two.Congrat's!!!

Re: first time out ~ had fun anyways......

WOW, what an awesome day!
Chris & LeeAnn

Way to go on the great rasearch, Buckles! You never cease to amaze me with your skills in research...and digging! :thumbsup:

You and that diggergrl babe make a great team! :wink: :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Kyle

Hill Billy said:
Congrats M you done good.Keep kicking Will's buttt and he won't take you with anymore.Put her on the team,she can replace Foxy. :o

Don't worry. There's always room in my car for digger. :thumbsup: Hey, I don't always do the skunkin. :P That's a good idea HB--get ole Foxy's name off our avatar. We'll have to make a formal post to welcome her into the Iron Brigade. 8)

-Buckles

NICE JOB WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In so many ways! :wink: :wink: :wink: Y'all did dig the whole tribe. Great job. I really have always loved those Indian Heads!

{Sentinel} said:
NICE JOB WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In so many ways! :wink: :wink: :wink: Y'all did dig the whole tribe. Great job. I really have always loved those Indian Heads!

Yeah, we're thrilled that so many came up in so little time. With THAT many IH's there, I'm sure that there's a Barber or two in that yard. Some REALLY nice digs from you during DIV, Sentinel!

-W

BuckleBoy said:
{Sentinel} said:

Yeah, we're thrilled that so many came up in so little time. With THAT many IH's there, I'm sure that there's a Barber or two in that yard. Some REALLY nice digs from you during DIV, Sentinel!

-W

Thanks Will. Yeah, the general feeling is that there wasn't near the amount of relics and Confederate stuff that was thought to have still been there. It was hit hard two years ago at DIV 5 and this one was to clean the rest of the stuff up but there was not as much left as had been anticipated. With that being said, there still was some Confederate Block I's, Script A's, my buddy dug a Georgia Button....there were a couple Georgia Frame buckles, a forked tongue and a U.S. Plate here or there. Hopefully the next DIV will have more relics :wink: :wink:

Its been awhile since I've dug multiple Indians, and I'm jealous!! Congrats on a great day of detecting!!

Jack(IN) said:
Its been awhile since I've dug multiple Indians, and I'm jealous!! Congrats on a great day of detecting!!

Yeah, it is hard to find places that have more than three or four of 'em. Makes a big difference when you hunt with a buddy, too. :thumbsup:

I THINK YOUR RIGHT ABOUT MORE COINS, EVEN SILVER COULD STILL BE THERE.
THATS MORE INDIANS FOUND IN ONE SPOT THAN I HAVE EVER HEARD OF!
GOOD JOB.
SCOTT.

kindafoundaclue said:
You failed to mention the large copper William.......

Man that copper cleaned up nice! Good job William :tard:

great job, looks like yall had a lota fun there. at least someone got there finger nails dirty :notworthy:- LOL
CONGRATES ON THE FINDS..... I LOVE THEM INDIANS :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back