Bloody gutted

berty

Dec 10, 2012
I've been doing this now for over a year and never found a hammered silver coin
Last week I talked my mate into getting a garrett euro ace
And on his 1st trip out found a
1035 jewel cross
In the name of harthacnut after 15 mins of turning on his md 😢 bloody gutted lol

image-3487925150.jpg

image-2274936801.jpg

Upvote 6
Not just any coin a rare one in what I call hoard quality! Lucky SOB!

Not just any coin a rare one in what I call hoard quality! Lucky SOB!
Mate I went to where u said about going the other day when I sent you the maps and took someone with me I found crap n he found that on his 1st trip I was bloody gutted lol

Mate I went to where u said about going the other day when I sent you the maps and took someone with me I found crap n he found that on his 1st trip I was bloody gutted lol

At least I know my instinct was spot on...lol

You need a return trip & if you don't already, you need to grid systematically the whole field (or as much as you can, depending on the size of the field). Sometimes this mean 2-3 days of very little, but stick with it, anything could happen with that coin as an indicator!

Last edited:
Pretty sure this is a £1000+ coin, & if you had found it, I would be all over that BANNER button!

We will be back my luck is **** ha ha
Can u believe him finding that after 15 mins
15 bloody mins 😖

We will be back my luck is **** ha ha
Can u believe him finding that after 15 mins
15 bloody mins 

I can, sort of, because you hear lots of similar stories. It never happen to me & it took years before I found a hammered & even longer before I had a coin as good as that one. I think he will now struggle for awhile, as Dad & I would say the kiss of death. Stick with it, your turn will come.

Ha ha yeah he will not beet that coin any time soon I've passed on the info to him about getting it logged I'll keep you updated

I've been doing this now for over a year and never found a hammered silver coin
Last week I talked my mate into getting a garrett euro ace
And on his 1st trip out found a
1035 jewel cross
In the name of harthacnut after 15 mins of turning on his md  bloody gutted lol

View attachment 935701

View attachment 935702
That's detecting, about 25 years ago, I took someone out on their first ever detecting session. About an hour into the session he said what's this I've found, and dropped a soverign of George IV into my hand :laughing7:

That's detecting, about 25 years ago, I took someone out on their first ever detecting session. About an hour into the session he said what's this I've found, and dropped a soverign of George IV into my hand :laughing7:
Hi mate ha ha that's bad

At least I know my instinct was spot on...lol You need a return trip & if you don't already, you need to grid systematically the whole field (or as much as you can, depending on the size of the field). Sometimes this mean 2-3 days of very little, but stick with it, anything could happen with that coin as an indicator!

Your instinct was spot on I'm glad I got in contact with you
your advise has paid off
Even tho I never found the coin using your advise had got me looking in the right direction
Thanks for your help you defiantly know your stuff fingers x in a few more years I'll be finding as much as you

It happens from time to time, what can you do, just congratulate him....and hope you can do better! Like find 2!

When I see a pic of something like that my wife usually has to remind me to close my mouth. Wow.

I don't know why you are gutted, a Saxon coin coming of a field you can detect, you would have to drag me away, chances are they are more to be had, or at least other hammered.

Oh and by the way it happened to me last year, my buddy walked onto a field and first dig took a Saxon sceat, not just any old sceat but a joint ruler and only 12 other ones known. I was over the moon for him.

SS

Last edited:
I don't know why you are gutted, a Saxon coin coming of a field you can detect, you would have to drag me away, chances are they are more to be had, or at least other hammered. Oh and by the way it happened to me last year, my buddy walked onto a field and first dig took a Saxon sceat, not just any old sceat but a joint ruler and only 12 other ones known. I was over the moon for him. SS

Bloody hell that's a nice coin to find 1st day.
I'm glad my mate found it but would of rather it of been me lol pmsl

This thread is great, I love reading/listening to your "slang"
Lady luck can be quite the pickle!
What a cool thing, to be anywhere near a find of something as cool as that hammered coin. You both lived it, if that was my hunting partner I would split it with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back