JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hello everyone,

Been letting things build up for a post more often now than sharing a few finds here and there. I hit a little detecting surge here recently while I had some time off from work.

Been hunting a old area were a bunch of old foundations once sat. A map of 1906 shows about 20 homes in one little pocket. I have been hunting this area off and on all summer long. It has taken alot of time to hunt the area down.

Pulled up some great items though. Plus my partners have pulled out a bunch to. Most of the finds are late 1800's. Still some hunting left in the area. I had lots more pics but for time reasons I'm just sharing the best.

There has also been loads of relics to come out not show. Harmonica reeds by the tons. Bullets and silverware ect.... I will leave you the best descriptions I can on the items.

7 Indian Heads: 1901 1889 1891 1897 1887 1895 1878 key date

14 Wheat Cents: Various Dates

Silver: 1 1952 Washington 1948 and a 1952 Rosie 3 War time Nickles 2 Mercs 1928 1944 1 1875 CC Seated Dime

1 No Date Buff 1 1876 Shield Nickle 1 1900 V-Nickle

Tokens 1 Early 1900's Cascarets Good For The Bowels Token 1 1922 Pgh railways token. 1 Good For 5 cents in trade token for a pool hall. 1 F.R Market Token Old. S.L Bridge Token with a 2 in the center and a guys name on the back. 1 Norman loves you token from the 60's I think.

Plus a bunch of various buckles from the 1880's and 1890's. Also 2 nice buttons one hit by me. P.O.D civil war time postal button. Plus a Boys Brigade Button. Waterbury co. The other is a Horstman Phil and Bros. Plus a small domed shape button. Solid shank on the back. No backmark probably early 1800's late 1700's.

But the find of the haul you see had to be the large solid gold Broach. Looks to be hand made. It is missing a small section from the top of it. Maybe it was something else. Just calling it a broach. Looks to be of a high carat of gold. Not marked at all.

Hope you all like the pics and finds.

HH Jer

Attachments

• fall 2007 003.jpg
    fall 2007 003.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,450
  • fall 2007 1 001.jpg
    fall 2007 1 001.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,465
  • fall 2007 012.jpg
    fall 2007 012.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,440
Upvote 0
Thanks alot everyone.

Me to Paul. It is getting rough out there though. Looks like alot of snow for the NE this yr. I agree it was not a broach. It had something attached to the top of it. It is broke off. I thought it was a piece of fob type charm for a women chain.

Would have sat perfect in the center of the chest on a thin chain coming out of both sides. It range right in the gold range adi wise. It came out of the ground tough soil to as shiny as can be. Nothing was done to it but rinced. And it is very heavy.

I suspected it to be real gold as soon as it was dug. No gilt would have held up this well. Not in these soils. Not one flake one the piece either to say it is fake. It needs to be tested. It's not marked at all. Nor does it have any soilder or attachments for the back. The only thing was at the very top. It is missing and this is how I assumed it was lost.

AA,

No Problem man. See you in April. Looks like another great outing. I've got about 5 78's now. When is that 77 gonna come. I've found alot of indians over the yrs.

HH Jer

Attachments

• Large Gold 002.jpg
    Large Gold 002.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 467
  • Large Gold 001.jpg
    Large Gold 001.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 452
Thanks for the pic and reply, Jer.

Yeah it looks like my earlier guess was off the mark ( just like my football picks :'().

I agree, it does look like something that would have been suspended from a chain with the attachment point missing.

All in all though, a beautiful piece.

HH

Very nice collection on finds you have there.......You did a great job cleaning and displaying them! I'm sure there is much more at that site. As you said: there are 20 houses in that location. WTG

The Seeker

No problem Paul,

You all here help me out alot also. I don't mind putting up items because I get a chance to see what others think.

John,

How you doing man. Thanks for popping in and leaving a reply. It has taken me a ton of hrs to clean this stuff all up. Man it's more work than hunting for the items lol. I think I have gotten really good at doing it. So I like to test and exercise my ideas with certain items and alloys.

I finally broke down and got the best double barrel tumbler from kelley co you could get. Got the grits and everything you need. It did a really quality job on those buckles and relics. It's gonna save me time. But as much as I tumble it's still work.

I really need an experiened minelab user of the explorer to come and re hunt these area's I have felt I pounded. I am really curious to know if I am gettiing it all. Not saying the Dfx isn't good. It's the best unit I ever used.

But I am a really experienced Dfx user with thousands of field hrs on the unit. I can adj it better than most people can. My point is I wanna make sure I am getting every thing I can get. If you came to my sites and pulled up just a few coins no big deal.

But if you leave with 20 old coins and it's the same at other sites I know of. I would invest the money to have another top notch unit. I don't care for any other unit on the market. I have alot of sites that have given away some awesome finds. I could pay off an explorer in one season.

Thanks again guys

HH Jer

Jer, that is a heck of a lot of nice loot! Glad you have been doing so well!

JerDfx,

very nice group of finds; thanks for posting.

Must be an interesting area.

Hope you find a bunch more.

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE

just wonderful jer... wtg I love that stuff its good to see someone like you having success hunting. jd

Thanks alot guys,

Jd,

How have you been man. It's been to long. Glad to see you are still lurking the forum. Hope all is well man.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back