JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hello everyone,

Been letting things build up for a post more often now than sharing a few finds here and there. I hit a little detecting surge here recently while I had some time off from work.

Been hunting a old area were a bunch of old foundations once sat. A map of 1906 shows about 20 homes in one little pocket. I have been hunting this area off and on all summer long. It has taken alot of time to hunt the area down.

Pulled up some great items though. Plus my partners have pulled out a bunch to. Most of the finds are late 1800's. Still some hunting left in the area. I had lots more pics but for time reasons I'm just sharing the best.

There has also been loads of relics to come out not show. Harmonica reeds by the tons. Bullets and silverware ect.... I will leave you the best descriptions I can on the items.

7 Indian Heads: 1901 1889 1891 1897 1887 1895 1878 key date

14 Wheat Cents: Various Dates

Silver: 1 1952 Washington 1948 and a 1952 Rosie 3 War time Nickles 2 Mercs 1928 1944 1 1875 CC Seated Dime

1 No Date Buff 1 1876 Shield Nickle 1 1900 V-Nickle

Tokens 1 Early 1900's Cascarets Good For The Bowels Token 1 1922 Pgh railways token. 1 Good For 5 cents in trade token for a pool hall. 1 F.R Market Token Old. S.L Bridge Token with a 2 in the center and a guys name on the back. 1 Norman loves you token from the 60's I think.

Plus a bunch of various buckles from the 1880's and 1890's. Also 2 nice buttons one hit by me. P.O.D civil war time postal button. Plus a Boys Brigade Button. Waterbury co. The other is a Horstman Phil and Bros. Plus a small domed shape button. Solid shank on the back. No backmark probably early 1800's late 1700's.

But the find of the haul you see had to be the large solid gold Broach. Looks to be hand made. It is missing a small section from the top of it. Maybe it was something else. Just calling it a broach. Looks to be of a high carat of gold. Not marked at all.

Hope you all like the pics and finds.

HH Jer

Attachments

• fall 2007 003.jpg
    fall 2007 003.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,450
  • fall 2007 1 001.jpg
    fall 2007 1 001.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,465
  • fall 2007 012.jpg
    fall 2007 012.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,440
Upvote 0
Geesh, Jer, you're still diggin' up the goodies. That Gold filigree thingamabobby is beautiful. 8)

Your pictures are great....your finds are so organized.

Good to hear from you again! :)

Jer,

What a great collection of coins and relics you have found!! That gold brooch is an awesome find!! :o Love the presentation and layout!!
You've definitely been busy.

Is the season over for you now?

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Congrats on all those nice finds Jer.

Attachments

• 4_17_2[1].gif
    4_17_2[1].gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 992
  • 4_17_2[1].gif
    4_17_2[1].gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 995
Really nice stuff! I like the bottle opener the best I think. (except the gold, of course ;D, who doesn't like gold??)

Usually in a small community like that, there is a spot that the kids would go and play, away from the houses, usually out of sight. Did you find anyplace like that yet? Probably lots of dropped coins.

Congrats on great stuff!
vegasmtl

Thanks alot for all the great replies everyone.

I don't know were to start. I posted this and left for work. I don't get home till midnight. So 25 replies is tough to answer in one. I'll try my best though.

The site has been really good to me. I wanted to wait till the late fall when it all died down to really hit it. I knew there was more to be found. The area is really large to. I've been pulling coins out of this place all summer long.

With the soil being really dry here this past summer hunting was tough. Now we got a ton of rain and I can concentrate on deep items and get them up out of the ground easier.

Dan,

Yes beleive it or not it is the same area we hunted that seemed dead. But really all those 30's 40's 50's signals were all relics and not trash. I went down there and just started clearing it out. Every signal I dig. You seen me that day find a large cent a cameo plus others from the place.

I knew as I cleared away signals I was going to find some goodies. I really like hunting down there. I think there us still some more to be found. Everyt time I step under some brush I get something good.

Capt,

The season is winding down. I may be able to hunt for another 4 weeks. Some winters I hunt all the way through. Depends on if the soil freezes up or not. All in all it was a solid yr.

I really like finding old coins everyone. But finding relics like these for me is more exciting. I love adding new items to display cases.

Once again thanks to everyone who has looked at my finds. Hope you all get out and have some great luck.

HH Jer

tinpan said:
"What a awsome display of finds" :o :o Congrats

tinpan
i agree with the 3 legged dingo 8)

Wow! Jer,,, as usual, you've made some really nice finds, Congrats!!!
Love seeing some of the stuff you pull from those woods. I'm going to try and find me some properties, over the winter months, to hunt next year...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Thanks again everyone,

MM,

I didn't forget about you man. I needed to take a pic of the bracelet. No it was not silver or gold. The one's you have are really nice.

This one is not marked at all either. It is old though. I'd say turn of the century. Has a nice design on it. And it retained most of it's gilt. I keep everything lol. My wife hates it to.

Leon,

I got real lucky to come upon this site. I would have probably found it on my own. But A guy wanted to meet up with me and see if I would give him some advice on the dfx. Well I did and he showed me the site.

I had intentions though in the future to check over this area. It is near a really old park. I just never got to it. I was waiting until things got slow at other sites I was hunting.

That day I pulled out about close to 20 old coins. The guy about fell over. He had one old coin. He said he never hunted with someone like me. He never saw anyone pull that many old coins out of a area in a day.

These were good coins to. I had like 4 or 5 v-nickles. I had indians. I had a seated dime plus more. Persisitence is what keeps me making finds. I'll hunt the hell out of a area if I think there is just a few nice items in there.

And man my sites get to the point were it's hard just to find a signal at all. Hope to get back over there for a few more hunts before the weather takes over.

Once again thanks to everyone who has replied

HH Jer

Attachments

• old gold bracelet.jpg
    old gold bracelet.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 746
JerDfx said:
MM,
I didn't forget about you man. I needed to take a pic of the bracelet. No it was not silver or gold. The one's you have are really nice.

This one is not marked at all either. It is old though. I'd say turn of the century. Has a nice design on it. And it retained most of it's gilt. I keep everything lol. My wife hates it to.
HH Jer

Oh well, I was hoping we had a match. ;) Mines not marked inside either. I'm pretty sure it's homemade. Thank you for the picture Jer.
-MM-

Jeremy!!! WoW! You're gonna have that site cleaned out in no time! :o You have so many fantastic finds in those pictures, I don't know which would be my favorite! :D Of course, love the gold pendant! And then look at that badge! 8) And the tokens! Tokens are always GREAT! Just awesome as always! Thanks for taking the time to post!

Nana :)

Thanks alot guys,

MM,

No problem at all. Wish I could have been more help though.

Nana,

Thanks alot for recognizing how much went into the post. It has taken me weeks not just to find the items but to clean and perserve them also. Lots of hrs went into this post. I just ordered a heavy duty tumbler. I got some really nice results on the relics you see.

Alot of them aren't even polished out and oiled yet. I could have made them look better. I get really worn out though after awhile. My hands are just so beat up from cleaning items all the time.

We just got alot of snow last night. And I missed getting out last weekend because of family things to do. Hopefully I can get back out here and find some more.

Good luck to all

HH Jer

Jer, you had a great site land on you, and you sure made the most of it!
An impressive gang of stuff, and gold to boot.

If you have a detailed pic of the Seated, the Indians, and the V's -- and get the time to add it, I'd be looking.

And thanks again for helping *my* 2007 season. Parts of your program in my main '07 one, plus the Super12, helped me a lot.

Awesome finds! Congrats! I love the relics, especially that gorgeous brooch! You must've done a flip when you dug that one!

Cheers and HH,
Bman

Awesome post Jer !!! Its a site thats gonna produce for years to come...Just get that coil into the underbrush and places you'd not think to hunt !! KILLER FINDS !!!

Thanks alot everyone.

I've put alot of hrs in at this place over the last 6 months. It is really a huge area. I few football fields in lengh. It also has some really old bottle pits. Them old blob tops are all over the place. Gonna get back there real soon. It is getting alot slower now. I've taken alot of people to hunt at the site over the months.

I did the heavy damage though as far as the best finds to come out of the area. Alot of people I take here can't handle the trash. They get frustrated. I can't see how. I only dig like 2 pull tabs down there in 4 hrs. And I'm digging everything.

Most people I know don't wanna dig harmonica reeds and bullets all day long to get a few keepers. Well I'm the opposite. Keepeing leaving those low and mid ranged targets for me then.

ADS,

I'm glad I could be of help to you. I am always willing to share tips and help others. Here are a few more pics. I know they arean't that good. I can't get a good pic with the lighting right now. Hope it helps thouygh some.

HH Jer

Attachments

• more indians 003.jpg
    more indians 003.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 511
  • more indians 014.jpg
    more indians 014.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 515
  • more indians 021.jpg
    more indians 021.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 510
Great finds, Jer!

Super assortment of coins, buttons, tokens, dodads, etc. Love the variety.

I hope the weather allows us to hunt through the winter.

I don't think the gold piece is a brooch though. What does the back look like? It looks like something that was attached to something else as a fancy detail of some sort.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the extra pics. That 1895 I.H. is beautiful. The 1878 key date one pointed out to me yet another thing I didn't know. The little "block" date--instead of arched as on the rest of the I.H.'s in the pic. I'll look that up when I get home. The 1877's are another key date; I'm wondering which date type they have.

Again, what a site! And, OT to this thread, thanks for all you did to return that Purple Heart.

Looking forward to seeing you in Ohio in April. [and looking forward to April, *period*]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back