Best 90 Minutes Yet!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hi All. Went back to the high school today after work. Only had about 1 1/2 hours of daylight left so decided to just go work the soccer field again. (Man it takes a long time to grid a field!) I started behind the goal on one end of the field and am only out to the 7 yard line after 5 hunts. Anyways, Had an exceptional day. Did $5.03 in clad, a music award of some sort, my first foriegn coin (I'd love input on this one if you can help with ID), and a junk ring (I guess). It cleaned up nice but doesn't have any marking inside of it. I've been asking for a ring with "MEAT", but this isn't really what I meant! Actually I think it's some sort of wrestling ring ;D Happy Hunting Everybody~CO2

Attachments

• Dcp02732.jpg
    Dcp02732.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 389
  • Dcp02743.jpg
    Dcp02743.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 386
  • Dcp02745.jpg
    Dcp02745.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 389
  • Dcp02748.jpg
    Dcp02748.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
Nice finds CO2. Looks like you were really kickin' it in the soccer field ;D. WHat kind of pin is that in lower left? Foreign coin looks like Canadian penny .

Hey Stone, whassup? I think the pin is from a hat. It's a rope forming a lasso with the letters JBS on one end. Thanks for the ID on the penny. I've never seen one before.

Great finds for the day.all I got to do down here in Texas was some research on $90,000 in gold and watch it rain rain rain.
I did'nt get a darn thing of the 90,000 sure wish I'd just found some clad.

Red

I'm pretty sure your penny is from England. Canadian coins all say 'Canada' somewhere on them. And all the newer Canadian pennies (after about 1914) have a maple leaf on the back.

Nice finds! ?I can tell you for certain that coin is not Canadian, but British. It is a British one penny or some were minted 'New' penny.
I have a link for you somewhere.....let me find it.....oh, here it is...:http://www.answers.com/topic/british-coin-one-penny
I still gotta post some pics of my canadian finds...

'Insert catchy metaldetecting phrase here'
Huizer.

90 minutes well spent I'd say. I'm still wearing makeup to cover up the green over the Dollar though. I know what you mean about working the grid. I'm still working the old bleacher locations at our old football field. Just not enough hours in the day. On top of that, it is now being use as 3 baseball fields & they practice about 6 days a week. Have to hit it in the mornings. Found a couple of 40's nickels yesterday amongst the clad & a ton of old bottle caps. This was where the consession stand was 40 years ago when I went there. Silver is DEEP, like 8" plus. But I know it's there. Great day for you. Congrats. Spotz

Hey Labrat and Huizer. ?Thanks for the help on the coin. ?I'll hit the link you provided. ?It would definitely have a maple leaf because it's a 1991 coin. ?Welcome to the site Huizer. ?It's a great site full of great people. ?A word of caution though. ?Your sign off about inserting metal detecting phrase could be dangerous. ?It's not prudent to leave so much free license to this bunch of whacko's ;D ?HH~CO2

Thanks for the nod Spotz. ?I hit an all time high for clad take today. ?I figured about $3.33/hour. ?Lots of multiples in the same hole. ?Love It!!!
Of course if you figure $1.00 in five minutes yesterday, that would have worked out to $12.00 an hour. ?Could you imagine pulling twelve silver dollars in an hour? ?I'd be posting from the E.R. ?;D ?~CO2

Here's a thought that can make your head spin. It's a what if. What if the best find of your life is setting right under your car when you pull into a rural area to hunt. You'd never know it even if you hunted the area with a fine tooth comb. I mean how many of us make a real good find just feet from our cars.

The penny is definitaly british. I saw it when i looked up the british coin i found the other day. Grats on the finds.

Viltaire

Great finds!
That music award looks like it's got a lot of years on it...
Nice ring too, I love to wrestle... ;D

Congratulations on the finds so far keep going on that soccer field. There is a lot more to find there. keep it up HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back