Awesome 3 Hour Hunt (capped bust Pics added)

pickman

Jul 29, 2008
NY.
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F-75, Minelab E-Trac
My brother and I received permission to hunt a turn of the century house built between 1890-1900. The evening started digging many wheat & memorial cents, then about 2 hours into the hunt things started to get interesting.

The most interesting finds were a 1800 draped bust large cent found by my brother, a beautiful 1821 capped bust Quarter found by me. The other incredible find was my first old pocket spill which consisted of 1 1907 barber Quarter, 11 Indian head cents 1879-1908 and 7 wheat cents 1911-1914. Here is a short video my brother made of some of the finds at the hunt. the pocket spill didn't get caught on video (Battery died) but the barber is shown at the end. The machines used were the M6 Which my brother was using and the V3 I used.

Here's a couple scans of the coin. The coin looks better than the scans. I just couldn't get a good shot with the camera.

Here's the link to the video:

Attachments

• copy_IMG_00022.jpg
    copy_IMG_00022.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,488
  • copy_IMG_0003.jpg
    copy_IMG_0003.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,474
Upvote 0
Re: Awesome 3 Hour Hunt (Pics added)

Man, do either of you have a pulse?????........watched the video and CANNOT believe how calm you both are .....ESPECIALLY with that 1821 quarter........my hunt would have been over right then and there and I'd be looking for the closest store that sells cold beer........

Wonderful finds, LOVE THAT QUARTER!!!

Congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH all!
Greg

SUPER Qt PICKMAN. I have been diggin for over 40 years and have yet to find a bust quarter, I have found halfs,dimes and half dimes. Those quarters are hard to come by. YOU HAVE A BANNER VOTE FROM ME.

Les

Thank you all for looking and all the great replies. The bust quarter sure was a dig of a lifetime for me anyway. Thank you also for the banner votes... Lets see if it makes it.

Earl

BANNER BANNER BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a banner find and needs to be put up there :wink: :wink: :thumbsup:

GoingDown said:
Earl ..... awesome post ... congrats on the finds ... and the enjoyable video!!!!

In the event your brother chickens out on future digs ... let me know and I'll come over from Dutchess County!!!

Wayne :icon_thumleft:

Hi Wayne...If my brother chickens out on future digs i'll let you know. Thanks for the kind words...By the way how's the digging on the other side of the river.

Earl

That is a sweet quarter. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

Excellent quarter! Fantastic condition. Keep pounding that yard! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back