Attack vs Big Nel

Gommy, I don't think any of the ATP guys are using these big coils as the ATP has trouble handling that extra minimization and be stable in all locations. Arms.JPG

I use the Attack as my primary coil on the ATP in all situations except trashy locations. To qualify that means both land, dry sand and in the salt water
of Myrtle Beach and Ft. Lauderdale. Swing slow and you will get good results. I find myself digging lots of 6" to 8" targets where with the stock and 6x8 coils
most were 3" to 5".

The biggest thing with these is the amount of ground that is covered with each pass. I find it picks up surprisingly small targets. Chunks of aluminum 1/4" around
5" down. Target separation is very good. It picked out a Roosevelt dime 3" from 3 square nails and about 4" depth. It got through the masking.

I can't speak to the big nel vs. attack but I steered away from the bigger coil due to the extra weight. The amount of ground covered was very close. There is an
excellent u tube video using the big coil.

I use the attack, stock and the 5x8. Each one has a place to be used. The 5x8 is awesome in the trash. The attack coil Is nicer for the cleaner wide open fields. The attack is heavier so I use a harness. The last field I hunted with the attack coil was grown over knee high in grass. I had to swing the coil 6 to 8 inches off the ground. I am sure I missed some deeper targets, but I was still digging clad and junk at 6 inches. I do not have any problems with running the attack coil in northern Indiana soil, just ground balance like the directions tell you to and have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back