worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I got up to get ice water and saw this out the backdoor,I quietly went out to take a pic,black against light buildings didn't fair so well,didn't have time to adjust proper exposure.Pretty well looking bear.

1720711393209.jpeg

1720711451356.jpeg

Good pictures. On the scale of Dangerous Bears where does that type fit?
As long as you don't come between mama and cubs,other than that not very dangerous...that bear was SO AWESOME to see,nature AMAZES me.Out the backdoor I've coyotes,skunks,possums,red fox,gray fox,fisher cat,three species of hawks,gray and one black squirrel I named darkie,he ended up a hawks lunch.

Good pictures. On the scale of Dangerous Bears where does that type fit?
3-4
Hanging around human dwellings instead of the forest.
Stop the food source and it will leave.

As long as you don't come between mama and cubs,other than that not very dangerous...that bear was SO AWESOME to see,nature AMAZES me.Out the backdoor I've coyotes,skunks,possums,red fox,gray fox,fisher cat,three species of hawks,gray and one black squirrel I named darkie,he ended up a hawks lunch.
That's a great mix of creatures to see. Rip poor Darkie :icon_salut:

Probably looking for your trash can LOL
Nice picture

I have spent a lifetime in the outdoors ,woods and fields and cropland And I have only seen less than 5 in the wild I Live in the state of PA and they have a large population Probably only Maine has more on the eastern side of the USA. They adapt to living in and around humans very well And if you ever have on walk up p on you while in the forest you will e amazed at how 3asly they cover ground And even more so how quietly they cover that ground Nice picture of your first bear .

Last edited:
It looked like you were plenty close to take the picture

3-4
Hanging around human dwellings instead of the forest.
Stop the food source and it will leave.
Yep, I’ve lost many a bird feeder to bears here in NC. They are pretty bold where we live. Starting to see them more in the daytime in our subdivision.
I keep putting peanut butter and honey on my wife before she goes walking, but nothing yet. 🤣

It looked like you were plenty close to take the picture
It would have been nice to get a clear detailed shot,I was only 40 yrds away,! pm it was full sun,black against that light back ground sucked in that light,still,seeing that bear was AWESOME.

Last edited:
I used to call him,if he heard me it didn't take him long to come get some food.

View attachment 2159047
That thing is beautiful More proof that Mother Nature knows how to do it and how skilled the Ttreasurenet members are up to the task of showing their talent to capture and pass on what they have captured. Very ncie pic.

How neat. They're always on the hunt for those bear necessities.

Saw him again this morning as he crossed the road as Mike was dropping me off from fishing,he is really a fit looking fur bearer.plenty of garbage cans to hit.No pic,only in the memory.Hopefully I'll get a good one some day.

Last edited:
I have spent a lifetime in the outdoors ,woods and fields and cropland And I have only seen less than 5 in the wild I Live in the state of PA and they have a large population Probably only Maine has more on the eastern side of the USA. They adapt to living in and around humans very well And if you ever have on walk up p on you while in the forest you will e amazed at how 3asly they cover ground And even more so how quietly they cover that ground Nice picture of your first bear .
We've only seen a couple.

Camping in the Adirondacks, one laid against the side of our pup tent one night, nearly collapsing it on top of us. We made a lot of noise, and he decided to shamble off into the woods...

Second one was a big fella--in PA. Driving a winding road through the mountains, we came around a curve and there he was crossing the road, 10-15 feet in front of the car. We stopped--he didn't; he kept ambling, so we continued on...

They are impressive. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back