Anyone into antique sterling silver, flatware etc.?

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently came into a significant amount of antique sterling and coin silver items. Flatware, pitchers, ladles, serving spoons, you name it. I've been enjoying researching the hallmarks and history of the silversmiths. What are the best forums that are specific to vintage and antique silver? I'm not looking to sell it I just want to post and nerd out on the silver like I do here on TNET with coins and Colonial stuff. :silvertrophy:

There's a few websites dedicated to silver marks you'll find by just searching the words "silver marks".
Also, start posting what you have here. Red-Coat and others have offered so much useful information on some of the silver items folks have, that are difficult to find online or are simply not found anywhere on the web, but in instead only in books.

As @tamrock says, there are several forums dedicated to antique silverware which you can easily find via Dr, Google. Tnet doesn't allow links to 'competing' forums. There's a wealth of knowledge here though and I'll offer my humble assistance if I can.
It's easier to reply efficiently when items are posted in small related groups rather than 'en masse'.

As @tamrock says, there are several forums dedicated to antique silverware which you can easily find via Dr, Google. Tnet doesn't allow links to 'competing' forums. There's a wealth of knowledge here though and I'll offer my humble assistance if I can.
It's easier to reply efficiently when items are posted in small related groups rather than 'en masse'.
You can link sites on the subject, just not detecting forums I believe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back