Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There was a horrible picture of the keys victim......it was sobering to see !! Be careful and trust your instinct....if it seems dangerous it probably is !! Everybody watch your back, and use the buddy system or you could just disappear !!

Upvote 22
I deal with the crocs quite a bit in my hunting area...they are on the rebound here, and have to be relocated quite often....sometimes they make the long journey back to there preferred home. I've only seen one, and he was sleeping in deeper water on the bottom of a popular swim hole I hunt....I got out quick, and always look for him now. Signs are posted at this spot....BEWARE of crocodiles 🐊 ☹️ people don't even read the sign, and it's crowded most of the summer....good thing is crocs don't like noisy boats and crowds....YET !!
Just don’t go in the water with a chicken leg necklace and you should do ok

Yup blame it on the hot dry heat, or orcas ?? Excuses ,excuses !! Normal seasonal migrations of bait and sharks....nothing new or different is happening....I love that a policeman can say that it was likley the same bullshark that bit all 3 people !! Haaaa haha!! Now he's an expert too ?? Totally ridiculous to say that when there are hundreds if not thousands migrating there with the bait fish....this happens every year regardless of heat, rain, or cool water. Sounds like we're having a bullshlt attack now that the lime light is wearing off the experts. The 15 minutes of fame is now wearing off, and the experts (Naylor) are desperately seeking more attention....so we need to write more sensational articles to keep the attention focused on the narrative. How many more weeks can they talk about the incident, and how can we manipulate this story for attention, tax funds, and donations so that we can make it seem like climate change is the reason for shark attacks....it's called sensationalism and capitalization of the age old prehistoric patterns that still drive these apex predators in there hunt for food. We can't let the story die, we need to beat the dead horse for more headlines....this is the most ridiculous article yet !!

Just sayin....my odds are much better, and @bigscoop encounter just shows that for us guys that get in every other day somewhere, and work in the ocean it will happen!! 6 of those suckers swarmed me up and I had to evacuate the premises!!🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈 6 of those little blood suckers today !! 3 footers will make quick work of you if they frenzy over blood in the water !! They love it when you dig, and get excited, that one ate a crab or something right in front of me !! I did get a silver ring though
20240621_162614.jpg

Just sayin....my odds are much better, and @bigscoop encounter just shows that for us guys that get in every other day somewhere, and work in the ocean it will happen!! 6 of those suckers swarmed me up and I had to evacuate the premises!!🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈 6 of those little blood suckers today !! 3 footers will make quick work of you if they frenzy over blood in the water !! They love it when you dig, and get excited, that one ate a crab or something right in front of me !! I did get a silver ring though View attachment 2155172

There use to be a video from somewhere down in your neck of the woods, about a guy who stepped into the water with a school of lemon sharks, all the while explaining how sharks are misunderstood and not dangerous once they are aware of your presence. He no sooner got some of that out of his mouth when one of them took a hunk out of him....lol

Reminded me of Timothy Tredwell, that guy who tried to be best buddies with the bears up north.

There use to be a video from somewhere down in your neck of the woods, about a guy who stepped into the water with a school of lemon sharks, all the while explaining how sharks are misunderstood and not dangerous once they are aware of your presence. He no sooner got some of that out of his mouth when one of them took a hunk out of him....lol

Reminded me of Timothy Tredwell, that guy who tried to be best buddies with the bears up north.
Yes...I remember that...simple rule of thumb 👍 for me....remember who is the apex predator, and never trust that predator!! Keep your eyes open, 👀 and trust your instinct....when those sharks are that close to me I must respect them and that's just too close !! No matter what size they are, I prefer to keep my blood inside my body and not mixing into the environment!! Beautiful video, but he's circling and feeding....my hand fanning in a cloud of sand is a perfect target for him....had to leave!!

Some dumbass got his arm ripped off at the elbow at Lake Monroe in Sanford, Fl. a couple nights ago. About 5 miles from us. A girl found him on the sidewalk beside the road in a puddle of blood. He decided to go swimming at 2 o'clock in the morning. Lake Monroe has an estimated 1500 gators. Just like ringing the dinner bell. Lucky they just got his arm. This pix is one about a mile from where it happened, a good 10-12 footer.
056FDE1F-6852-4E18-AF1E-4186345CC5B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Some dumbass got his arm ripped off at the elbow at Lake Monroe in Sanford, Fl. a couple nights ago. About 5 miles from us. A girl found him on the sidewalk beside the road in a puddle of blood. He decided to go swimming at 2 o'clock in the morning. Lake Monroe has an estimated 1500 gators. Just like ringing the dinner bell. Lucky they just got his arm. This pix is one about a mile from where it happened, a good 10-12 footer.View attachment 2155253
Exactly, & Lake Jessup right next door is also overloaded with big gators. Only a fool would swim in either of those lakes.

Some dumbass got his arm ripped off at the elbow at Lake Monroe in Sanford, Fl. a couple nights ago. About 5 miles from us. A girl found him on the sidewalk beside the road in a puddle of blood. He decided to go swimming at 2 o'clock in the morning. Lake Monroe has an estimated 1500 gators. Just like ringing the dinner bell. Lucky they just got his arm. This pix is one about a mile from where it happened, a good 10-12 footer.View attachment 2155253
One good thing good about Missouri No gators.Common since goes a long way.

Yes...I remember that...simple rule of thumb 👍 for me....remember who is the apex predator, and never trust that predator!! Keep your eyes open, 👀 and trust your instinct....when those sharks are that close to me I must respect them and that's just too close !! No matter what size they are, I prefer to keep my blood inside my body and not mixing into the environment!! Beautiful video, but he's circling and feeding....my hand fanning in a cloud of sand is a perfect target for him....had to leave!!
The ocean is their habitat.

Even up north, we've had swimmers encounter bad experiences with Muskie, a hand or foot being mistaken for a floundering fish.....lol

So I take it that a midnight skinny dip would not be recommended...
sSig_aaarggh.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back