Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There was a horrible picture of the keys victim......it was sobering to see !! Be careful and trust your instinct....if it seems dangerous it probably is !! Everybody watch your back, and use the buddy system or you could just disappear !!

Upvote 22
1 day ago:

Florida authorities warn of shark dangers along Gulf Coast beaches after 3 people are attacked​

MONSTER SEASON

Woman, 45, loses an arm and two teens injured in back-to-back shark attacks near US tourist hotspots​

Walton Beach has been reopened under caution due to hazardous conditions:

I've been bitten twice at New Smyrna beach, once on the heel of the foot and once on the big toe (watched that one swim right in and bit me in shin deep water....:laughing7:) Thankfully they were both very small sharks.
However, like an idiot, I was detecting in shallow surf water once during the mullet run and I got bumped hard in the hip by a really big one, was also wearing red swim trunks, like an idiot. Never tested that stupid scenario again!

Some of what I've said is echoed by this "expert" the rise in shark population numbers, is a direct result of what ?? "SHARK CONSERVATION" not fishing for sharks has led to a rise in shark numbers. Also it's spring and summer when numbers are highest near beaches. All things I've been saying throughout this thread. Now the BS, the increase in numbers does not necessarily equal a rise in attacks. Again this is just statistics manipulation. More sharks due to conservation, and increased human population in the state and thus the beaches shouldn't be hard to understand...even for a guy like me who isn't a number cruncher.....more people in the water, and more sharks in the water due to more shark conservation = more attacks ..... very simple to understand.

Here's one for everyone.....more experts, because of the "MONETIZED BUSINESS" of sharks = more conflicting information and so called reasons for attacks. Shark week, shark films, shark mania has swept this country !! There are more so called experts in this industry than ever....many if not most are independently wealthy trust fund babies that can afford to live off grant money, and donations to "STUDY SHARKS". If a guy like me makes 1200$ a day fishing for, and processing sharks, .... well we must be shut down. That's what they all thought going in, and then they find out we are very necessary for the entire shark conservation program. When we sat on the board of national marine fisheries for shark fishing(the only council that makes federal law) just the shark observer program was an 83 million dollar a year program. So shark fishing will never be completely shut down, or the sister program of shark observer and research would also be shut down crushing a whole department of government....and we know that can't be allowed !! So I'll let you in on a secret they, the government has crushed the small shark fisherman, and consolidated all the shark fishing industry into a monopoly of just a handful of fisherman. Our boat has been the absolute #1 dominate boat in the industry for years and years now. And we have made millions by just hanging in there....the government has made us king of the shark fishing industry. How much research needs to be done. I've been told there is a vast freezer storage unit with millions of collected samples that could never be studied because of how many samples there are. What more do they need to know about sharks?? Is it really necessary to forcibly change the feeding habits of great whites by towing seal shaped teasers to make them jump out of the water....they call it resarch but it's actually taxpayers money used by researchers to capture them breaching on film for mega million dollar film projects like "AIR JAWS" this is intentional manipulation of shark behavior for the camera and money making film footage. Want to turn a bull shark school out to sea and protect the beaches....hit them hard with a fishing operation and they will scatter or head for deep waters....we've already proven that as fishermen. This is all government and business, and shark attacks are bad for business!!

Some of what I've said is echoed by this "expert" the rise in shark population numbers, is a direct result of what ?? "SHARK CONSERVATION" not fishing for sharks has led to a rise in shark numbers. Also it's spring and summer when numbers are highest near beaches. All things I've been saying throughout this thread. Now the BS, the increase in numbers does not necessarily equal a rise in attacks. Again this is just statistics manipulation. More sharks due to conservation, and increased human population in the state and thus the beaches shouldn't be hard to understand...even for a guy like me who isn't a number cruncher.....more people in the water, and more sharks in the water due to more shark conservation = more attacks ..... very simple to understand.

Here's one for everyone.....more experts, because of the "MONETIZED BUSINESS" of sharks = more conflicting information and so called reasons for attacks. Shark week, shark films, shark mania has swept this country !! There are more so called experts in this industry than ever....many if not most are independently wealthy trust fund babies that can afford to live off grant money, and donations to "STUDY SHARKS". If a guy like me makes 1200$ a day fishing for, and processing sharks, .... well we must be shut down. That's what they all thought going in, and then they find out we are very necessary for the entire shark conservation program. When we sat on the board of national marine fisheries for shark fishing(the only council that makes federal law) just the shark observer program was an 83 million dollar a year program. So shark fishing will never be completely shut down, or the sister program of shark observer and research would also be shut down crushing a whole department of government....and we know that can't be allowed !! So I'll let you in on a secret they, the government has crushed the small shark fisherman, and consolidated all the shark fishing industry into a monopoly of just a handful of fisherman. Our boat has been the absolute #1 dominate boat in the industry for years and years now. And we have made millions by just hanging in there....the government has made us king of the shark fishing industry. How much research needs to be done. I've been told there is a vast freezer storage unit with millions of collected samples that could never be studied because of how many samples there are. What more do they need to know about sharks?? Is it really necessary to forcibly change the feeding habits of great whites by towing seal shaped teasers to make them jump out of the water....they call it resarch but it's actually taxpayers money used by researchers to capture them breaching on film for mega million dollar film projects like "AIR JAWS" this is intentional manipulation of shark behavior for the camera and money making film footage. Want to turn a bull shark school out to sea and protect the beaches....hit them hard with a fishing operation and they will scatter or head for deep waters....we've already proven that as fishermen. This is all government and business, and shark attacks are bad for business!!

1718104218205.jpeg

The funny thing about sharks is the business of sharks !! I could expand this thread by 2 more pages just with articles and video clips of these latest attacks. That's because it's violent bloody content that drives the news. Also the experts 🤣🤣 get to voice there very important (or so your supposed to believe) opinions!! You won't ever see the fishing operation interviewed for there very real expert opinions?? Wonder why ?? Because it doesn't fit the research narrative of complete conservation!! That's why. Also there is a psychological aspect about us fisherman, and if you ride on the boat and watch me shoot, kill, and cut these beasts into little bloody chunks, and throw there guts and heads overboard, you start to think about me....not the sharks. Your mind immediately starts to replace the sharks with humans, and you start to wonder about the person behind the hooks, gaffs, guns, and knives. Who is this guy that can shoot and stab these animals to death, and then wade through the blood and guts, and reach into the bowels of this creature and tear his guts out and toss them overboard without even a bit of remorse. So perhaps people are more scared of the man that kills sharks, than the sharks themselves. They say to themselves deep in there mind....what a violent, uncaring, murderer this guy is !! Then the fear sets in, and they can't help but equate this type of violence being performed on a person....it's real, and it's bloody, and it's traumatic to people who are not desensitized to this type of ultra violence and bloodshed. So I become a murderous monster in there eyes, and they are terrified and traumatized by my presence in a room, or scared of me on a level they never before thought possible. The reality is just like any other slaughter house, beef, pork, and to a lesser extent poultry. I'm thinking to myself, I've got to move faster or we will never get these sharks processed today, I must cut faster, and move quicker in order to keep the boat moving forward or this might take 3 days to finish. Anymore sharks piled on deck, and we will have to stop and clear decks....that delays my return to land, and thus my free time, and time home with my family. So it's shoot, gaff, cut, and pack as fast as I can.....there is no way around the violence of a shark processing boat, and that is what is so shocking, and frankly disgusting to the average person that rides along for fun, or sees the videos for the first time....the ultra violence is shocking, and it's literally mortal combat between crew and sharks. And no one is prepared for it the first time out....I used to train like any other professional athlete would before a fight or game....cross country running to boost stamina, and weight lifting and strength training for weeks before the shark season started. To make it all the way through the whole fishing season uninjured, and to actually participate in every trip was not easy, and injuries were common place. My first 4 years I was injured and limped through or missed (games) fishing trips. Over 20 years in the game I learned like any athlete how to sustain, and make it through the whole season. We had many offers for movies, documentaries, and youtube productions....they all ended the same way.....to much blood and violence for any type of project....that is the nature of shark fishing.....imagine fishing a single line 15 miles long with 1000 hooks and a 30 pound led weight every 30 hooks.....it's well paid but brutal physical work !!

So perhaps people are more scared of the man that kills sharks, than the sharks themselves.
Probably so, if they thought about it. But most people have no idea. Just like most people have no idea what it's like in a slaughterhouse. Meat is a grisly business (and fish is meat, despite what some vegetarians tell themselves), and there's only so much you can do to sugar coat it. Most people can't deal with the violence vs the hunger, so they remain willfully ignorant of the gory details.

Probably so, if they thought about it. But most people have no idea. Just like most people have no idea what it's like in a slaughterhouse. Meat is a grisly business (and fish is meat, despite what some vegetarians tell themselves), and there's only so much you can do to sugar coat it. Most people can't deal with the violence vs the hunger, so they remain willfully ignorant of the gory details.
Probably don’t care.They probably don’t have the first idea .

Everyone thinks it would be so cool to ride along and see how it works. After the trauma of 48 hours at sea and hundreds of shotgun blasts mixed with the smell of bile, blood, sh×t, and death !! They go home with PTSD seeking mental treatment and some never want to be around me again !! The confused look on there face when I'm armoring up and arming myself for combat tells it all !!

People are often content to have others do their killing for them. Preferably without detailing it and keeping it out of sight..

A bear walked down the road one morning and nonhunting neighbors delighted to see wildlife usually ; freaked. Wanting everyone and anyone to do something about it.
Bear wasn't bothering any one. And there were a bakers dozen or so in the river drainage area.

But people are people. Predators are admirable ,adorable and vital components of nature.
Until in your personal space.
Keep predators fed and distant.
Even then the young need easier prey. And often need to disperse. The earth and oceans being finite means young less experienced (hungry) predators end up sharing space with humans.
And hungry predator bellies understand what about humans?

Bass grabs frog sploshing above it and it makes sense.
Shark notes human sending action vibes like prey does and we act surprised? Or think it's brutal personally from the sharks perspective?
Regardless , enough sharks and enough humans in the same water and inevitably someone gets at least tasted.

Reduce sharks or humans. Still , who's more hungry? And how many of the right type bellies does it take for an ocean splashing human to get nailed?

People are often content to have others do their killing for them. Preferably without detailing it and keeping it out of sight..

A bear walked down the road one morning and nonhunting neighbors delighted to see wildlife usually ; freaked. Wanting everyone and anyone to do something about it.
Bear wasn't bothering any one. And there were a bakers dozen or so in the river drainage area.

But people are people. Predators are admirable ,adorable and vital components of nature.
Until in your personal space.
Keep predators fed and distant.
Even then the young need easier prey. And often need to disperse. The earth and oceans being finite means young less experienced (hungry) predators end up sharing space with humans.
And hungry predator bellies understand what about humans?

Bass grabs frog sploshing above it and it makes sense.
Shark notes human sending action vibes like prey does and we act surprised? Or think it's brutal personally from the sharks perspective?
Regardless , enough sharks and enough humans in the same water and inevitably someone gets at least tasted.

Reduce sharks or humans. Still , who's more hungry? And how many of the right type bellies does it take for an ocean splashing human to get nailed?
It's a delicate dance indeed, and demands constant monitoring and attention !! Adjustments must be made as needed.

Don't forget about our beach gators too..

View attachment 2153665

View attachment 2153666
I deal with the crocs quite a bit in my hunting area...they are on the rebound here, and have to be relocated quite often....sometimes they make the long journey back to there preferred home. I've only seen one, and he was sleeping in deeper water on the bottom of a popular swim hole I hunt....I got out quick, and always look for him now. Signs are posted at this spot....BEWARE of crocodiles 🐊 ☹️ people don't even read the sign, and it's crowded most of the summer....good thing is crocs don't like noisy boats and crowds....YET !!

There was a croc near me in a canal in Satellite Beach. They relocated it 100 miles south to a wild life preserve. It's back. It doesn't bother anyone but the Yankees who came down here are scared.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back