Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to the 1820’s property for a hour and did pretty good. I got a gold guilt, looks like another floral and can’t read what is says on the back, a clay marble, glass marble, old car and a black glass bottle neck. Looks like I’ll be starting bottle digging in 2019. Any opinion on the button feedback would be appreciated. Thanks for looking. IMG_1553.jpgIMG_1551.jpgIMG_1552.jpgIMG_1554.jpgShould I lemon juice the button?

Upvote 27
No manufacturers in the back mark book that start with "and..." or "sand...". Ths mystery continues

TB.jpgHere's an invert/shadowed of the other pic....

It may be Sandland...still searching

BostonCityGuards3.jpg

Draper and Sandland were headquartered in Attleboro, Mass. 1845-1848. Albert H. Draper and Thomas Sandland. The backmark book does not have this particular one listed, but I have no doubt they made it. Jock-itch-powder? Yeah, that would work too. Bedtime!

Well I'll buy the Sandland part, but what's the second name? Sandland doesn't appear in the back mark books, but that book is only for backmarks on American Military buttons.

There's one in the link I posted above...

It may not be the manufacturer at all .. It may be the name of a clothing store or general merchandiser that the button was made for.

nice finds Truth and when you start bottle digging you won't want to stop

It may not be the manufacturer at all .. It may be the name of a clothing store or general merchandiser that the button was made for.

I found one Sandland Eaves & Co. button..link above (for sale)..but cannot find the CO. on the web....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back