am i wasting my time..

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used
white's dfx Bounty hunter landstar
Upvote 0
A BH is not a bad detector! One may use the detector that is avaiable at that time that works for the finder!! I have used the Landstar on beaches(on dry sand only)!!!!!!!. This BH lead me to other detectors. Years ago I started out with a BH, so fond memories are there. What now ? Respect for the unit that started me into the hobby I enjoy TODAY!! Dig-On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gottit

Ralphw said:
diggummup said:
Yeah, with the BH. I agree the BH is a land detector and not made for the beach. I just don't like people who can afford $1000.00 machines coming on here talking BS about BH's, because that's all I can afford, for now I have no choice but to use it, which by the way it has paid for itself more than once. Comments like "Your lucky it didn't fall apart on you on the way back to the car" are just plain childish and uncalled for as far as i'm concerned. Some of us can't afford the luxury of a top of the line machine. I can catch as many fish with a zebco 202 than I can with a shimano stella.

I never badmouthed the BH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used it for 10 years. just so happens I had some luck and did a job that paid very well...

I think its a great detector for the money, i had some awesome finds with it

Relax :), I know you didn't. Sorry,I should have been more specific in my reply. "Sandman," the same one who always badmouths BH's is the one. This is America so I guess he is entitled to his opinion,just as i'm entitled to mine. As stated earlier, not everyone can afford an arsenal of top end machines. If I could afford a better machine I would go with a Whites Beach Hunter and/or a DFX.

On his comment "Your lucky it didn't fall apart on you on the way back to the car" I think Sandman was only referring to the damage the saltwater and salt spray can cause the BH, or any land unit that is not designed for that atmosphere, not that he was insulting the BH that it would fall apart because it is a cheap unit.

I have seen people knee deep in the surf with a land detector covered with a plastic walmart bag or zip lock bag, that might stop the salt spray, but one rouge wave and its fried.

I know I have been knocked on my butt several times when I was only knee deep and waves were only a foot high at that point, except for that 101 wave that came in at 2.5 foot when my back was to the ocean and I was at an awkward stance trying to dig a target. Down I go, both my detector and I completely under water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back