All total $16 bucks for some Thrift Store treasure.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I when to two local thrift stores last night...I found two nice pieces of silver jewelry. One a pair of enamel earrings made by Volmer Bahner of Denmark and the other a vintage Chinese mesh gilded ring with turquoise and little enamel clouds and marked just SILVER both for a total of $7.00. The other is a signed piece of Orrefors Swedish glass for a tad over $5.00. It all comes with tax to $16.00+. The glass has the number DA. 3658/7 on it. As I searched that Orrefors name with the number I do get a hit. Botterweg Auctions Amsterdam > Heavy glass oval vase with cut line decoration, design Ingeborg Lundin 1960, executed by Orrefors / Sweden Looking on ebay it doesn't look like the old clear Swed glass is in much of a demand as it was in the past. Oh well! it's still a good price on a nice piece of glass. I think it was made between 1955 to 1960. The condition is perfect. Not a fleabite on it. It does go against my weight policy as shipping would not be cheap if I do sell it online, but I just couldn't let it not go home with me at the price it was. I may just try and use it for a swap in a antique store deal. I know a lady who owns a shop who appreciates all kinds of old glass and I have traded with her before.

Attachments

• TS stuff 1.jpg
    TS stuff 1.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 195
  • ts stuff 2.jpg
    ts stuff 2.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 193
Nice score on the earrings! I love that Scandinavian silver, especially the enameled stuff. It's pretty, it's elegant, it's different, it sells well and it's frequently overlooked. Another to keep an eye out for are enameled 800 silver filigree pieces from Italy, I picked up a gorgeous little piece for fifty cents last weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back