1k in silver for 130 bucks?

I pulled my credit card out as soon as I saw the link - but it was too late. Honestly I thought to myself there is no way that they will actually seel it at this price, it is clearly a typo. Would I have been bummed if I had bought it and was told a day later that they couldn't honor it? Of course. Would I be mad? NOPE! It was clearly a mistake, and I hope that any members who made a purchase don't give these folks a hard time when the bad news comes. As mentioned above this doesn't appear to be some multi-billion dollar company. Look at it as if it was your LCS....I know if my regular guy made a mistake I would be honest about it with him.

If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

Yeah they sent an email saying that the order was canceled and they would not fulfill the order. :P I assumed that would be the case but they did offer a 3 percent discount and free shipping on any other orders we have because of the in convenience so that was really nice of them

Yeah they sent an email saying that the order was canceled and they would not fulfill the order. :P I assumed that would be the case but they did offer a 3 percent discount and free shipping on any other orders we have because of the in convenience so that was really nice of them

Ah, yeah I figured that would be the case too. Oh well, it was worth a shot! Thanks for the update.

Dang! Sorry guys. Best buy had an incident with this before and being online they were able to slip by without honoring it. I think in store is a different story. Sorry fellas. HH.

Not to anger anyone here, but I sent them an email yesterday morning and I included a link to this thread. I am surprised that people HERE would actually try to take advantage of someone's honest mistake. What if that happened to you-loosing $5,00 over a mistake? If they did give it to you for that price, someone probably would have lost their job. Is that extra 1,000 to you worth someone's job? Trying to find a new job in this economy is next to imppossible.

You might be thinking that that you bought it and it's their mistake; but why take photos and screenshots to "band together" it they refuse your purchase? Why post the link to encourage others to partake in the dishonesty?

Last edited:
I'm going to have to agree with Sax on this one

Ok sax- sorry I'm not perfect and did try to take advantage of a mistake- I took screenshots incase they tried to charge the full amount- and yes I did say those of us that bought should ban together which that was in the heat and excitement of the moment- just hope when/if you ever make an impulse decision to jump on an opportunity that might not be the best, nobody judges you like you have us-

Not to anger anyone here, but I sent them an email yesterday morning and I included a link to this thread. I am surprised that people HERE would actually try to take advantage of someone's honest mistake. What if that happened to you-loosing $5,00 over a mistake? If they did give it to you for that price, someone probably would have lost their job. Is that extra 1,000 to you worth someone's job? Trying to find a new job in this economy is next to imppossible. I am actually ashamed and disappointed that someone HERE would do such a dishonest and downright MEAN thing...

You might be thinking that that you bought it and it's their mistake; but why take photos and screenshots to "band together" it they refuse your purchase? Why post the link to encourage others to partake in the dishonesty?

I agree with you on most points, but I think you are taking it a bit too far with the "dishonesty" talk. How do you know it wasnt some special to entice traffic/news/business? We have all heard the stories of new cars being auctioned off online by a new site for pennies on the dollar. This site certainly just garnered a ton of traffic and free publicity even if it was due to a typo. There was no hurt in trying to make the purchase - nothing ventured nothing gained.

It was a mistake, people should leave it at that.

Well, you and I as good individuals should never try to take advantage of mistakes - we could ruin lives and destroy businesses - and that is a fact.

And, then on the other hand, when I read the first messages here, I wondered about counterfeit coins - you have to be aware that there are a lot of those going around from our vested and best friends in China. Thus far I've only heard about halves and dollars, but you know the "artists" will explore every avenue in search of wealth, tear our every financial dream to shreds.

China and Australia dumped the US Dollar over the last couple of days. It is time to store food and precious metals. But remember that when the Nazis retreated from Stalingrad with tons of plundered gold, the villages were already starving and no amount of gold could purchase food......

Take care, and by all means - stay safe! Be wary first and foremost.

I agree with you on most points, but I think you are taking it a bit too far with the "dishonesty" talk. How do you know it wasnt some special to entice traffic/news/business? We have all heard the stories of new cars being auctioned off online by a new site for pennies on the dollar. This site certainly just garnered a ton of traffic and free publicity even if it was due to a typo. There was no hurt in trying to make the purchase - nothing ventured nothing gained.

It was a mistake, people should leave it at that.

I see your point. I guess I was being one sided/ too harsh...

Sorry to bring this back up but I looked into it a little. If it were in a store you could have complained and got it for that. There is a different set of rules for online do to possible hacking and many more misprints. Y'all could complain though and get a discount maybe. By the way, they should have been more careful. I woulda bought it to. HH everyone.

Anyone who makes claims of theft or dishonesty, needs to be careful about 'their own house'. Have you ever went 56 mph in a 55 mph max zone? Did you turn yourself in to the police? Mail money to the state or city for your transgressions? Some would say you are dishonest. Others may say you are a thief.

You say "don't be ridiculous"?!?! That's exactly what some people say when they read your 'holier than thou' rant's. Right is right and wrong is wrong. But EVERYONE has a differing opinion of right vs wrong. Unless you claim to be 'The Maker', realize that your opinion is just that...an opinion.
/End Rant

There's nothing wrong with giving an opinion. Just recognize it as an opinion. Don't express it as fact.

Not to anger anyone here, but I sent them an email yesterday morning and I included a link to this thread. I am surprised that people HERE would actually try to take advantage of someone's honest mistake. What if that happened to you-loosing $5,00 over a mistake? If they did give it to you for that price, someone probably would have lost their job. Is that extra 1,000 to you worth someone's job? Trying to find a new job in this economy is next to imppossible.

"Not to anger anyone, but instead of just expressing my opinion that it is morally wrong to willingly exploit someone else's error, I ran to the company like a kindergartener with the evidence that someone was being a doody-head."

They didn't need to know that a bunch of people on the internet exploited their error, because, well, they figured it out when a bunch of people on the internet exploited their error. Yes, it is ethically wrong. But they're self aware and handled it, they already have the names, phone numbers, and addresses of the people that ordered.

i'm impressed they offeered the 3% discount. i thought that was a nice gesture. hopefully someone can get a good deal that way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back