Folks, Please share some of your past finds....the more the merrier.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• DSC00621 (640x499).jpg
    DSC00621 (640x499).jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC00622 (621x640).jpg
    DSC00622 (621x640).jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 31
WD,

Now you gotta get out there and find the rest of that.....then you mail it over to Germany to Tom to restore it!....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Noah,

Nice looking one copper are you planning on cleaning it or just leaving as is? I also see a small crotal bell in the mix.

Noah,

Nice looking one copper are you planning on cleaning it or just leaving as is? I also see a small crotal bell in the mix.

Hi Bill,
Thanks, I don't know if I will or not... I haven't cleaned it yet but I might start toothpicking away a little bit of the dirt. I just don't want to end up losing any detail though.

I think the crotal bell is mid-late 1800s-ish. Most of the crotal bells I have found aren't super old so I was happy to pull that one.

Rook, I am positive that was my Great, Great, Great Grandfather's. You should just drop it in the mail to me today. :laughing9:

OK as long as you pay for the stamps.

I want to find a crotal bell so bad! Bill told me that this was a part of one that I found. Now it is on my list.

View attachment 1823794

Yep
I can't tell which number it is but it looks like it was good size. Maybe a 7 or 8. WD, would you put a quarter beside it and repost it. Then we might can size it. Thanks.

I want to find a crotal bell so bad! Bill told me that this was a part of one that I found. Now it is on my list.

View attachment 1823794

The design looks very similar to mine! I think mid to early late 1800s is what I was told. I think I have three in the past six months but only one old one.

Hamid,

Thanks buddy with this virus thingy going on we all need a break from the seriousness most of us are under.

Your friend Bill

You’re most welcome! I will upload the picture soon or later:occasion14: Stay safe:hello:

Another one for the pot. A child's religious ring with Russian writing probably high carat but the stamp is worn off.

Attachments

• russian ring.jpg
    russian ring.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 55
Another one for the pot. A child's religious ring with Russian writing probably high carat but the stamp is worn off.

What's the Russian say?

EDIT: If you haven't figured it out yet I can help if you post more pics. I don't know Russian, but I am familiar with the alphabet. I could transliterate and then use a dictionary to translate it if you want.

Noah,

I went back and checked the translation and it reads "Lord Rescue & Save"

Thanks for the offer. There's a couple of the members on the Canadian forum I know who are originally from Russia.

The translation has something to do with a blessing for good luck. If I go back to when I posted it originally I can probably find the quote.

Last edited:
Sweet Collection of rings Swimmer!!! Congrats!!!

Super bob207!!!! Very Nice Finds!!! Congrats!!!

Last years gold... 125 gold rings

Wishing everyone the best out there and be safe.

Attachments

• 20200104_193042.jpg
    20200104_193042.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 48
A nice old 1867 nickel that I found last fall in the return slot of the coin counter at my local grocery store.
6A6895A6-C646-4A3D-8D07-FC0D20E98843.jpegFC5EB408-6A43-49EB-95C0-3581EA120A3D.jpeg

This a quartz crystal arrowhead I found a few years back.. buy a strange co-incidence, it was also the first arrowhead I found

Micheal

Attachments

• Img_1821.jpg
    Img_1821.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Img_1822.jpg
    Img_1822.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 50

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back