🥇 BANNER My first US silver half dollar.

White Wolf

Sep 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
X-TERRA 705, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi folks. This is my first US silver half dollar found for 9 seasons of digging and 6th silver half dollar in total with 5 Canadian ones. This is also a love token with the nice letter M engraved. It is the one from an old English alphabet. The pictures were taken after cleaning this find in ultrasonic cleaner. Cause the hinge didn't work before. Now it is ok after 90 sec of cleaning. Found it in Toronto area. The huge park had a virgine spot aproximatelly 30×30 meters where I pulled lots goodies out. This is the oldest silver coin I ever found as well. Very happy with this find folks.... Somebody's big love sign/token is here in front of your eyes. Real treasure, eih!!!!
20231028_084129.jpg
20231028_170842.jpg
20231028_170905.jpg
20231028_170936.jpg
20231028_170945.jpg
20231028_171006.jpg
20231028_170739.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 113
OP
OP
White Wolf

White Wolf

Sep 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely fantastic find! Keep us posted on what else comes out of this spot.
Hey, Buddy! This spot gave me lots of excellent finds- jewelry, coins and relics. I never found so many goodstuff in one spot in this park. I am digging this park for 4 seasons now. That is why I called it virgin site that is untouched by other detectorists at all. I am thinking to make another post in this forum showing my finds to let some newbies of the hobby know what virgin sites can give them. Location is almost everything in our hobby. Thank you!!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been here on Tnet for about 10 years….
And in ten years, I’ve never seen something as awesome as that. My first coin in my collection was an 1808 half, given to me by my Uncle when I was about 4 years old. To this day, it’s still my favorite coin. The fact that yours got love-tokened the hell out of it is amazing!!!! That’s a lot of money back in the day to profess ones love…. Most chics were only worth a dime! I’ve never seen a half love token, made into a brooch??? Shut up!
Banner All Day!

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find :) CONGRATS !!!

OP
OP
White Wolf

White Wolf

Sep 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s a dream find. Everything about it. The coin, the quality of the engraving, and last but not least the old style quality pin that still works. Wow!
Hi Todd! You're right . And also it is somebody's token of love from the long time ago . I think this find is from mid 1800-s. Thank you!

Gofish73

Aug 30, 2023
Hi folks. This is my first US silver half dollar found for 9 seasons of digging and 6th silver half dollar in total with 5 Canadian ones. This is also a love token with the nice letter M engraved. It is the one from an old English alphabet. The pictures were taken after cleaning this find in ultrasonic cleaner. Cause the hinge didn't work before. Now it is ok after 90 sec of cleaning. Found it in Toronto area. The huge park had a virgine spot aproximatelly 30×30 meters where I pulled lots goodies out. This is the oldest silver coin I ever found as well. Very happy with this find folks.... Somebody's big love sign/token is here in front of your eyes. Real treasure, eih!!!!
View attachment 2112731 View attachment 2112732 View attachment 2112733 View attachment 2112734 View attachment 2112735 View attachment 2112736 View attachment 2112737
Wow that is sweet!, congrats!

OP
OP
White Wolf

White Wolf

Sep 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been here on Tnet for about 10 years….
And in ten years, I’ve never seen something as awesome as that. My first coin in my collection was an 1808 half, given to me by my Uncle when I was about 4 years old. To this day, it’s still my favorite coin. The fact that yours got love-tokened the hell out of it is amazing!!!! That’s a lot of money back in the day to process ones love…. Most chics were only worth a dime! I’ve never seen a half love token, made into a brooch??? Shut up!
Banner All Day!
Man...This comment is touching. Nice to know you started your collection when you were 4. Smart move in such young age!!! I am a member of Canadian official metal detecting forum as well. I remember that one detectorist in Sarnia, Ontario found a Victorian 50 cents coin converted into love token several years ago. The rest love tokens I saw were either quarters or dimes or five centers. Thank you, Buddy!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread