Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to go back to the scout camp, but when I contacted the ranger he said a group of hunters was using camp and for safety reasons I should wait till the hunting is done in early December before I come back. So next choice was the park I usually water hunt in. The swimming area is dry right now and I figured it would probably have been well cleaned out while I was away, but you never know so I gave it a go with hope for some luck.

DAY 1
Normally I use the ATPro for this spot, but I opted for the equinox this time hoping it would do ok. It was also an opportunity to get more familiar with my newest machine. I only got to detect for 2 hours because I forgot to check the battery level before I came and after 2 hours it was dead. I did manage to find 10 coins with a face value of $1.10, 4 earrings (including a pair found 10 feet apart), a ring, sinkers, 2 tabs, a fishing swivel and some foil of course.

DSCN2847.jpeg

DSCN2848.jpeg

I was surprised at the amount I found and so I will have to make more trips back to finish the dry swimming areas that showed more promise than I would have expected. The ring looks great, but it is unfortunately costume jewelry so no great finds, but who knows what the next scoop will bring.

I still had some time and I had the CZ21 in the truck so I went to a football field nearby and did some swingin. In 2 hours I found 50 coins with a face value of $4.54, a few tabs and the usual junk. Nothing noteworthy, but gas money works for me and it will help boost this year’s clad total.

DSCN2849.jpeg

DAY 2
I charged up the Nox and went back to the park and did a 5 hour hunt. I continued to do better than expected and found 48 coins with a face value of $3.30, 3 earrings, 3 rings, assorted small bits of jewelry, fishing spinners, sinkers, a nice Fitbit with a stainless band, a small fleet of cars (4 in one hole), foil and a few tabs.

DSCN2850.jpeg

DSCN2851.jpeg

DSCN2853.jpeg

One ring and an earring are silver. The ring has a hole in it where some ornament was fastened originally. Not a great ring, but silver is silver. The swim ropes are out, but the buoys are still in and I can see there is still a small area with water in it so next week I will get out the waders and see if there are any wet treasures waiting for me.

DSCN2852.jpeg

DAY 3
We went camping with our daughter and her family. My granddaughter has detected with me in the past and so I went prepared for her to give it another go. This park swimming area was totally dry last year and yielded a nice batch of silver and gold jewelry so I was hoping for a repeat. When I got my permission from the park I was informed that my normal water hunt (knee deep only) was denied because of an algae bloom and a health department no contact warning so our hunt would be confined to the beach of the 2 swimming areas in the park. When I got there the swimming areas were high and dry again so we got to cover a large part of the big primary swimming area. We didn’t have time for any of the beach or the secondary swimming area. Because of the short time I worked a loose grid. Later in the day another detectorist arrived and was going over the area we had covered. As I was leaving he made the comment that we didn’t leave him much. He was using an Equinox and he was not happy with the machine and said he preferred his Atmax.

My granddaughter only detects for a short time(not every spare minute like me) but her target choices and recovery time are improving and she is enjoying it so all is good. She found her first silver, an Eiffel Tower charm, and her first ring so she is happy. She detected for 2.5 hours and found a nice bunch of coins and some jewelry. I detected for 6 hours and my results were better. I feel guilty finding so many goodies when she is finding mostly junk but then I remember when I first started it was months before I found my first silver. She has about 8 hours of detecting in total so she is really doing pretty good. When I tell her how I feel she says she has learned a lot and is improving every time because she has a good teacher. I’m luck to have such a wonderful granddaughter.

We were both swingin ATPros. I managed to find 42 coins with a face value of $2.79, 10 silvers, 4 golds, a pile of costume jewelry, 8 rings in total, fishing gear and sinkers, only 1 selfie stick retainer, only 1 whole tab, a toy car and a nice batch of foil bits and wrappers.

DSCN2854.jpeg

Most of the silver is earrings and earring backs. The golds are a 22k earring back, an 18k ankle bell, a 14k earring with a green center and white stones around it (all czs unfortunately) and a 14k ring with a diamond cut heart shape center (not real heavy, but pretty). I know others must hunt here, but they do leave lots of small stuff for me and an occasional nice ring so no complaints. Always a lot of fun watching the little golds and silvers pop out of the sand.

DSCN2855.jpeg

DSCN2856.jpeg

That’s all for this week. A decent week and in about another week we are going to Florida to visit family so lots of beaches to hunt there. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 29

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to go back to the scout camp, but when I contacted the ranger he said a group of hunters was using camp and for safety reasons I should wait till the hunting is done in early December before I come back. So next choice was the park I usually water hunt in. The swimming area is dry right now and I figured it would probably have been well cleaned out while I was away, but you never know so I gave it a go with hope for some luck.

DAY 1
Normally I use the ATPro for this spot, but I opted for the equinox this time hoping it would do ok. It was also an opportunity to get more familiar with my newest machine. I only got to detect for 2 hours because I forgot to check the battery level before I came and after 2 hours it was dead. I did manage to find 10 coins with a face value of $1.10, 4 earrings (including a pair found 10 feet apart), a ring, sinkers, 2 tabs, a fishing swivel and some foil of course.

View attachment 2112632

View attachment 2112633

I was surprised at the amount I found and so I will have to make more trips back to finish the dry swimming areas that showed more promise than I would have expected. The ring looks great, but it is unfortunately costume jewelry so no great finds, but who knows what the next scoop will bring.

I still had some time and I had the CZ21 in the truck so I went to a football field nearby and did some swingin. In 2 hours I found 50 coins with a face value of $4.54, a few tabs and the usual junk. Nothing noteworthy, but gas money works for me and it will help boost this year’s clad total.

View attachment 2112634

DAY 2
I charged up the Nox and went back to the park and did a 5 hour hunt. I continued to do better than expected and found 48 coins with a face value of $3.30, 3 earrings, 3 rings, assorted small bits of jewelry, fishing spinners, sinkers, a nice Fitbit with a stainless band, a small fleet of cars (4 in one hole), foil and a few tabs.

View attachment 2112635

View attachment 2112636

View attachment 2112638

One ring and an earring are silver. The ring has a hole in it where some ornament was fastened originally. Not a great ring, but silver is silver. The swim ropes are out, but the buoys are still in and I can see there is still a small area with water in it so next week I will get out the waders and see if there are any wet treasures waiting for me.

View attachment 2112637

DAY 3
We went camping with our daughter and her family. My granddaughter has detected with me in the past and so I went prepared for her to give it another go. This park swimming area was totally dry last year and yielded a nice batch of silver and gold jewelry so I was hoping for a repeat. When I got my permission from the park I was informed that my normal water hunt (knee deep only) was denied because of an algae bloom and a health department no contact warning so our hunt would be confined to the beach of the 2 swimming areas in the park. When I got there the swimming areas were high and dry again so we got to cover a large part of the big primary swimming area. We didn’t have time for any of the beach or the secondary swimming area. Because of the short time I worked a loose grid. Later in the day another detectorist arrived and was going over the area we had covered. As I was leaving he made the comment that we didn’t leave him much. He was using an Equinox and he was not happy with the machine and said he preferred his Atmax.

My granddaughter only detects for a short time(not every spare minute like me) but her target choices and recovery time are improving and she is enjoying it so all is good. She found her first silver, an Eiffel Tower charm, and her first ring so she is happy. She detected for 2.5 hours and found a nice bunch of coins and some jewelry. I detected for 6 hours and my results were better. I feel guilty finding so many goodies when she is finding mostly junk but then I remember when I first started it was months before I found my first silver. She has about 8 hours of detecting in total so she is really doing pretty good. When I tell her how I feel she says she has learned a lot and is improving every time because she has a good teacher. I’m luck to have such a wonderful granddaughter.

We were both swingin ATPros. I managed to find 42 coins with a face value of $2.79, 10 silvers, 4 golds, a pile of costume jewelry, 8 rings in total, fishing gear and sinkers, only 1 selfie stick retainer, only 1 whole tab, a toy car and a nice batch of foil bits and wrappers.

View attachment 2112639

Most of the silver is earrings and earring backs. The golds are a 22k earring back, an 18k ankle bell, a 14k earring with a green center and white stones around it (all czs unfortunately) and a 14k ring with a diamond cut heart shape center (not real heavy, but pretty). I know others must hunt here, but they do leave lots of small stuff for me and an occasional nice ring so no complaints. Always a lot of fun watching the little golds and silvers pop out of the sand.

View attachment 2112640

View attachment 2112641

That’s all for this week. A decent week and in about another week we are going to Florida to visit family so lots of beaches to hunt there. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DAY 1

View attachment 2112632

View attachment 2112633

View attachment 2112634

DAY 2

View attachment 2112635

View attachment 2112636

View attachment 2112638

View attachment 2112637

DAY 3

View attachment 2112639

View attachment 2112640

View attachment 2112641

That’s a honey hole! What a great few days of hunting.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a honey hole! What a great few days of hunting.
Thanks to all. It has been a honey hole Kona Koma and I will be going back to finish the area and see if there is more. Thanks again, stay safe and keep swingin

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice teamwork
Congratulations …..Great detail on your multiple recoveries..

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a haul! Congrats on all the great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions