THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning all coffee ☕️ :coffee2:
Off to the grindstone…. Literally :laughing7:
Off to sharpen some steel …. Then one of many other duties on the list…. 🚜
But on a positive note I may have acquired permission on an 1800s plantation :hello2:
Have a blessed day you Goonies

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Have a fab swing Peps.. will await ur display of finds with baited breath 😆 xx

Watched something amazing this am… crow on neighbours fence … hoping along and back and making a racket… so i watched to see what was wrong…. Sure enough after a few minutes a cat scooted out from under the bush near the bins at the bottom of my garden… it (the cat) … lept up nd over fence to escape … crow dive bombed it nd gave chase 🤯 I rewarded crow with some of my delicious cat food boild egg mash!!

Now that is Team Work 😆 xx
In the very old giant house we lived in a while when I was 3-4 years old at the end we had a pet crow.
Not too mysteriously the audible characteristics seemed slightly louder indoors. Seems mornings were the time to be most vocal. That or it being in the kitchen most nights meant let me out or feed me or something.
I can recall a sister or sisters flying it with a kite string attached to a leg. Not sure how that got started or why. It was free to do whatever when outside when I was around it.
I'd use Ma's gravy shaker to catch bees on the flowers and then open the two pieces in front of the crow and it would catch the bee flying out.

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
In the very old giant house we lived in a while when I was 3-4 years old at the end we had a pet crow.
Not too mysteriously the audible characteristics seemed slightly louder indoors. Seems mornings were the time to be most vocal. That or it being in the kitchen most nights meant let me out or feed me or something.
I can recall a sister or sisters flying it with a kite string attached to a leg. Not sure how that got started or why. It was free to do whatever when outside when I was around it.
I'd use Ma's gravy shaker to catch bees on the flowers and then open the two pieces in front of the crow and it would catch the bee flying out.
Ahh.. yes i bet that craw was very loud indoors 😳 xx

my Dad would rescue the baby crows and jackdaws … he called all the crows Joe… and all the Jackdaws.. Jack 😂😂…( he would release them once they were old enough…! ) Must be where i got my ‘save the birds’ gene.. luckily im a bit more rebellious when it comes to naming them tho!!! 😂😂 xx

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahh.. yes i bet that craw was very loud indoors 😳 xx

my Dad would rescue the baby crows and jackdaws … he called all the crows Joe… and all the Jackdaws.. Jack 😂😂…( he would release them once they were old enough…! ) Must be where i got my ‘save the birds’ gene.. luckily im a bit more rebellious when it comes to naming them tho!!! 😂😂 xx
No jackdaws here.. Must have been run off...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20240515_113716.jpg

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022