✅ SOLVED Yeah this thing... What is it...

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hello ALL!

I headed back to the site that yielded me the complete buckle and 1774 2 Reale last week... This is a 1704 Colonial Tavern...

This was the first target this am...

1.jpg

I put in the dime for side... I immediately thought victorian... then I saw the eyelet connector on the back... Looks like there was 4 of them... but 3 are gone... One remains...

4.jpg

Front:

2.jpg

Back:

3.jpg

The back has F.N.CO. on it...

Any thought or ideas ??

Paul

Last edited:
I imagine it is something similar to this:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-15 at 10.34.15 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-04-15 at 10.34.15 PM.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
The F.N.Co stands for Fishel Nessler Company who was in business from 1885 to 1936. The F.N.Co mark is rarely found on pieces. Yes Creskol is correct; :icon_thumright: yours is a sash pin from the Art Deco era. Great find, Breezie

Upvote 0
The F.N.Co stands for Fishel Nessler Company who was in business from 1885 to 1936. The F.N.Co mark is rarely found on pieces. Yes Creskol is correct; :icon_thumright: yours is a sash pin from the Art Deco era. Great find, Breezie

Why does it have 4 loops?

Upvote 0
Why does it have 4 loops?

BCH, that's a great question. We know it has 1 loop, and are assuming the other 3 spots held a loop, but 2 of those areas could have been a spot for a bar attachment. If all 4 spots were loops, I'm thinking it was to hold a chain. :) Breezie

Upvote 0
BCH, that's a great question. We know it has 1 loop, and are assuming the other 3 spots held a loop, but 2 of those areas could have been a spot for a bar attachment. If all 4 spots were loops, I'm thinking it was to hold a chain. :) Breezie

Breezie, Look at the bottom picture in the main thread... See the bottom right spot... Well when I dug it, there was a loop there, like the top right one, but it came off in my pouch :-(

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back