๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
who knows it knows it

Hmmm...story.
Ok.
I was an evening outside yesterday on an old field.
I found Roman, Byzantine coins and objects earlier already here.
The weather was cool and windy, because I was just two hours.
I found just one roman bronze first, and later found this silver coin. I didn't know what I found out, what this is, just at home only what I found.
A couple of lead pieces and ammunition came yet later, and this silver object and the denarius.
This is a short story, excuse me for a bad english, I hope that understand this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 20
Don,
Good eye...lol.....now that I rechecked the picture...you're right 6 fingers or whatever...maybe Taranus's idea of a beetle
makes more sense....I know the scarab was revered in ancient times...

Regards + HH

Bill

Six fingered hand; that would be different.
Don....

Don: was a good joke! lol but in my country was a samans -> magicians with six fingers!

Bill: the scarab was in egyptian mythology in africa, not in europe... I dont really know byzantine maybe?

Very cool, never had a Miliarense, the closest is my Valens at 3.21g, not in any books, too light for a Mil but not a siliqua, we called it a 1.5 Siliqua.:dontknow:

No idea, on the object but looks like it had another half, a little like the bells.

PS. Just voted banner, you have rarity & condition!!!!

I agree with Cru and all the other comments, well found:thumbsup:. Banner vote in.

hammered

Thank you for a votes!
Don: I don't think so how broke would be, according to me cast, the burr shows yet.

PS. Just voted banner, you have rarity & condition!!!!

FYI, kinda hard to banner something that has no story with it about it....

Hmmm...story.
Ok.
I found just one roman bronze first, and later found this silver coin. I didn't know what I found out, what this is, just at home only what I found.
A couple of lead pieces and ammunition came yet later, and this silver object and the denarius.
This is a short story, excuse me for a bad english, I hope that understand this?

Sweet silvers.. I was thinking half a bell of some sort

No problem on your English. I put your story into your original post..........

Thank you TH, next time I write story to finds!

Thank you TH, next time I write story to finds!

No problem Taranis, we can't even consider a find for the banner if there is no story to go with it...... I understand your reluctance to put a story due to your concern about your English, but don't let that stop you.......If your unsure or not comfortable with the story on your finds in English and how to write your story in the future you can always use Google Translator... It is simple and works pretty good, give it a test and see...........

Google Translate

Congratulations on those beautiful finds. Thanks for sharing the pictures and your story.

Taranis,

No worries on your level of English.....I'm certain your English is superior to my mastery of your native language...lol.

Banner vote on the way.

Regards + HH

Bill

Hmmm...story.
Ok.

Last edited:
Awesome silver coin there bud! That's freakin killer! And just as others have said, don't worry about your English here on the site. You type better than most AMERICANS I see! I can understand what you are writing 100%

Last edited:
CONGRATS !!! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back