🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
who knows it knows it

Hmmm...story.
Ok.
I was an evening outside yesterday on an old field.
I found Roman, Byzantine coins and objects earlier already here.
The weather was cool and windy, because I was just two hours.
I found just one roman bronze first, and later found this silver coin. I didn't know what I found out, what this is, just at home only what I found.
A couple of lead pieces and ammunition came yet later, and this silver object and the denarius.
This is a short story, excuse me for a bad english, I hope that understand this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 20
I'd bet on silver ! lol

Heavy Miliarenses Constans 337-350 AD:hello2:

FL IVL CONSTANS P F AVG, Draped Bust pearl diadem facing right. Rev: VICTORIAE D D N N AVGG, Victory seated on armor, writing on shield VOT/X/MVLT/XXX
Weight, ???

Last edited:
grizzly: lol :)
Caesar: 7,9gr

Wow! Need I say more?

Anita

Spectacular coins!!

vote for banner!!!!

grizzly: lol :)
Caesar: 7,9gr

thanks:goldcoin:, :bronzemedalred::rosette::award_star_gold_1:

congratulations for Antoninus Pius Denarius

Av.: ANTONINVS - AVG PIVS P P
Rv.: C-O-S - IIII

Last edited:
Thanks for all!
Somebody's idea what is the silver object?

Taranis,
I believe your top coin may be very valuable. I agree with Caesar's description except in one area; the shield number is Roman XV versus XXX. As such, I believe the coin is similar to one (granted, in better condition) that sold a couple of years ago for $57,200.
358909.jpg

Source: acsearch.info - The ancient coin search engine
Don.......

Yes Don!
I can see it is who likes it. and knows the Roman coins.
According to me my silver coin isnt beautiful one that you showed.

Taranis,
I believe your top coin may be very valuable. I agree with Caesar's description except in one area; the shield number is Roman XV versus XXX. As such, I believe the coin is similar to one (granted, in better condition) that sold a couple of years ago for $57,200.
358909.jpg

Source: acsearch.info - The ancient coin search engine
Don.......

they are two different coins, coin with your link is Medaillon, Weight 13.21g , TARANIS coins is Heavy Miliarenses Weigh 7,9 g

Last edited:
Taranis,

Couple of beautiful coins for sure.....the other silver object appears to be a pendant with a pair on hands on it....possibly an amulet(good luck charm) of sorts....no idea as to age though.

Regards + HH

Bill

Taranis,

Couple of beautiful coins for sure.....the other silver object appears to be a pendant with a pair on hands on it....possibly an amulet(good luck charm) of sorts....no idea as to age though.

Regards + HH

Bill
Interesting idea Bill! Two hands... seemed a beetle for me with wings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back