Wish me luck!

LauraLou56

Sep 11, 2024
Hi All! Good morning ladies and gentlemen! Waiting on a call back regarding an application I have in for a USDA loan to purchase some property that I'm drooling over!

May I ask... please say a prayer to the universe for me or whomever you believe in! I've been trying to get a place like this for years that my kids and I can get back to a way of life I was brought up with. Unplugged.

There's a fully furnished trailer on the property that's in liveable condition (even had a deviled egg tray in the cabinet!). If I can land this, I'd like to have a small home built with a Mennonite barn as they are all over the area I'm looking to be in. The kicker- ready?? Close to 20 acres of UNTOUCHED hard wood property. It's never been farmed, logged, fracked or touched at all! When I toured it, it was everything I've ever wanted! There was even a GIANT raspberry patch someone had definitely planted a long time ago, almost a quarter acre of black raspberry, raspberry, elderberry and mint. (Guessing it was to keep deer away from the berries?) Then to my absolute delight- noticed a strange big circular structure built in the ditch- realtor had no idea...I did! It is a fish catch- was curious if salmon run but did some research of the area and it's trout! A creek runs through the property and they must spawn in this little section where there's a waterfall when full.

Being a single Mom, and working full time- I've struggled for years for two things- to put my kids through college or trade school, and a little piece of land to be able to leave them when it's my time to return to the earth. Now that college is around the corner for my daughter, and I'm two years away from 40- it's time to start getting some equity!

....and it's never been metal detected 😁😁😁....or treasure hunted....or relic...or anything!! The history of this area is rich and I did some digging to who lived there all the way to the original plot before it was subdivided.

With that said, you all have been so supportive and I know this will be a request well received!⭐πŸ’ͺ🀞

Thinking of you all and wishing everyone the best finds!! Fingers crossed......🍁🍁🍁

Hi All! Good morning ladies and gentlemen! Waiting on a call back regarding an application I have in for a USDA loan to purchase some property that I'm drooling over!

May I ask... please say a prayer to the universe for me or whomever you believe in! I've been trying to get a place like this for years that my kids and I can get back to a way of life I was brought up with. Unplugged.

There's a fully furnished trailer on the property that's in liveable condition (even had a deviled egg tray in the cabinet!). If I can land this, I'd like to have a small home built with a Mennonite barn as they are all over the area I'm looking to be in. The kicker- ready?? Close to 20 acres of UNTOUCHED hard wood property. It's never been farmed, logged, fracked or touched at all! When I toured it, it was everything I've ever wanted! There was even a GIANT raspberry patch someone had definitely planted a long time ago, almost a quarter acre of black raspberry, raspberry, elderberry and mint. (Guessing it was to keep deer away from the berries?) Then to my absolute delight- noticed a strange big circular structure built in the ditch- realtor had no idea...I did! It is a fish catch- was curious if salmon run but did some research of the area and it's trout! A creek runs through the property and they must spawn in this little section where there's a waterfall when full.

Being a single Mom, and working full time- I've struggled for years for two things- to put my kids through college or trade school, and a little piece of land to be able to leave them when it's my time to return to the earth. Now that college is around the corner for my daughter, and I'm two years away from 40- it's time to start getting some equity!

....and it's never been metal detected 😁😁😁....or treasure hunted....or relic...or anything!! The history of this area is rich and I did some digging to who lived there all the way to the original plot before it was subdivided.

With that said, you all have been so supportive and I know this will be a request well received!⭐πŸ’ͺ🀞

Thinking of you all and wishing everyone the best finds!! Fingers crossed......🍁🍁🍁
The treasure here is the land itself! Being able to teach my son/daughter how to creek fish and how to hunt using all parts of the gift/blessing, to plant raised bed gardens!

Today's treasure find to support this extra long book above haha, my sweet son gave me this green heart sticker his favorite cashier at Wegman's gave him and said "here Mom, you love hearts- you can wear this one today..."
Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20241015_100113.jpg
    IMG_20241015_100113.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

G'luck!

Best of luck on the purchase.
It sounds like a great piece of land.

Took me a LOT of years of wanting to to buy a little spot of dirt to finally suceed..
Not as nice as the one you're working on acquiring. But still dirt.
How wonderful! Look at sweet baby deer- congrats! Thank you for sharing. Do you have bear or bobcat in your area?
Best of luck on the purchase.
It sounds like a great piece of land.
Thank you pepperj!! I appreciate the well wishes!

Will do. I hope you get it. It sounds great!

What area is it in (what part of the country/world)?

How wonderful! Look at sweet baby deer- congrats! Thank you for sharing. Do you have bear or bobcat in your area?

Thank you pepperj!! I appreciate the well wishes!
Bobby exists around But I don't see them. One road hit near the house a few years ago.
Black bears yes. They're steering clear mostly.
Did see where one was pulling plants in spring on the swamp edge. Neighboring area residents saw it that spring too. They range far though. With food the common denominator.
My property is a dozen miles from home and it involved in the "tail-out" of a big swamp.
Gives critters a place to relax. Well as much as they relax .

Attachments

• IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    551 KB · Views: 3
Will do. I hope you get it. It sounds great!

What area is it in (what part of the country/world)?
Thank you so much robertk! It's in the finger lakes region of southern/central NY (depending on the varying definitions of "central" NY 😊)

Nice! Definitely a lot of history there. Again, best of luck!

Bobby exists around But I don't see them. One road hit near the house a few years ago.
Black bears yes. They're steering clear mostly.
Did see where one was pulling plants in spring on the swamp edge. Neighboring area residents saw it that spring too. They range far though. With food the common denominator.
My property is a dozen miles from home and it involved in the "tail-out" of a big swamp.
Gives critters a place to relax. Well as much as they relax .
Now that's a nice place to nap- sounds perfect for animal spa. Bears are scary but fascinating to learn about! Love how the cats are so sly, we had a few growing up that would scream at night and scare us like crazy thinking someone was hurt! Your land sounds awesome nestled in next to a swamp!

Love how the cats are so sly, we had a few growing up that would scream at night and scare us like crazy thinking someone was hurt!
Yes they do. I tracked that sound for what seemed like miles through the woods one time as a kid before I knew what it was. I thought someone was in need of help. Nope, just a noisy bobcat.

Now that's a nice place to nap- sounds perfect for animal spa. Bears are scary but fascinating to learn about! Love how the cats are so sly, we had a few growing up that would scream at night and scare us like crazy thinking someone was hurt! Your land sounds awesome nestled in next to a swamp!
Mine is about 3/4 swamp. Squishy and wet type swamp. Rescue squad and police and more to extract a former neighbor out of her sinking , type swamp.
Pig in a poke no one seemed to care to keep it type. Taxes defaulted on by one or more owners ect. Wetlands are protected, so what good is it to investors? (I know I know. )

I write "mine" but like any , it's more just a caretaking event of some ground until the next owner.
I met and got to know a bit about the now deceased 4th previous owner who owned most of the section at one time. Most of the dry ground was cattle pasture or corn at times after it was cleared.
Doesn't look it today!

Attachments

• IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Yes they do. I tracked that sound for what seemed like miles through the woods one time as a kid before I knew what it was. I thought someone was in need of help. Nope, just a noisy bobcat.
It is very unique- not like a rabbit dying or an owl, but just like a woman screaming. Brave to track for miles through the woods, glad it was just a noisy bobcat! 🐾

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back