Windows settings

Yep, I saw that yesterday???
Not very computer literate and my "Geek", lives across town and didn't see the message.
2 alerts popped up. Something, something, has changed in something. I have Avant as my browser and AVG ans my anti virus.
Is this what you got too?? The mess, I mean?

My HP, pulls weird stuff! Like it turns on my web cam at random times?? Both "geeks", said to just unplug the camera. Usually it's me that has messed it up and I get the inevitable" Mom, did you mess with something", question!

Don't know if this answers your question, hope it does. If you figure out what it was, post it please. Thanks

people can turn on your (unprotected)web cam remotely without you knowing it

I haven't noticed anything different on my home machine and none of my relatives has said anything about any problems (I am the one they usually call to fix computer problems).

I have Windows Update turned "on" so our school network doesn't flag me and cut my connection...
But I have Windows Updates blocked off at the root level, because I don't trust Microsoft, and the updates only seem to make things run slower. :-\

Bran <><

Thanks for the answers. I was wondering if this was just a random event, like rolling snakeeyes 6 times in a row, or if Windows update had somehow loaded the dice so that everybody was throwing snakeeyes, if you get the analogy.

Since it doesn't seem to be widespread, I guess it was just a bad day here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back