Why taking a fresh look at the mystery might be pertinent

You talk about common sense. If you want answers to questions, common sense actually says do the research.

They've been doing research for decades, but no treasure has been found. The worst part is they don't find much of anything, period. I've found more in one typical hunt than they've found in 11 seasons of the show. Give it up, Laginas, you're wasting your time.

Flogging a dead horse doesn’t mean getting it to agree with you, it means that it’s senseless in that the horse is unable to do any useful work.

However, this particular horse isn’t dead. You’ve simply decided, without full and proper investigation, that it is. If you look more closely you’ll find that it’s not. That’s the whole point of looking again at the evidence.

What’s more, you don’t need to beat this particular horse you just have to coax it and thereby draw out what’s been potentially missed.

They've been doing research for decades, but no treasure has been found. The worst part is they don't find much of anything, period. I've found more in one typical hunt than they've found in 11 seasons of the show. Give it up, Laginas, you're wasting your time.
I'd agree that they're wasting their time simply because they're not asking the right questions and are therefore not undertaking the appropriate research.

Flogging a dead horse doesn’t mean getting it to agree with you, it means that it’s senseless in that the horse is unable to do any useful work.

However, this particular horse isn’t dead. You’ve simply decided, without full and proper investigation, that it is. If you look more closely you’ll find that it’s not. That’s the whole point of looking again at the evidence.

What’s more, you don’t need to beat this particular horse you just have to coax it and thereby draw out what’s been potentially missed.
Has the site been adequately surveyed for treasure? I believe it has. Accounts abound.
Enough that I wouldn't pay to hunt it for a valuable treasure.
Evidence (value of prior recoveries) shows it cost more than what has been spent on recovery attempts at such a lopsided ratio , that other sites are better odds of at least breaking even for the cost of a visit alone..
Not that any site guarantees anything until it does.

It will cost you or I to hunt it. And who gets what of a recovery?
So the appeal slackens even more.
you really want to watch an extension of what trends there? Why?
As a history it's pretty lame. Off shore offers more functional matters of interest and still offers multinational intrigue. Without having to make it up.

Last edited:
Has the site been adequately surveyed for treasure? I believe it has. Accounts abound.
Enough that I wouldn't pay to hunt it for a valuable treasure...

As a history it's pretty lame. Off shore offers more functional matters of interest and still offers multinational intrigue. Without having to make it up.
I happen to feel that the site hasn’t been adequately surveyed, with ‘survey’ being the operative word. I actually would pay for an opportunity to conduct a survey of the east of the island over an area some 600 feet (with the Money Pit at centre) by 500 feet (with the Money Pit at due west, that is, eastwards to Smith’s Cove).

Over the past 40 years, I’ve tried several times to get permission to do this, but have been repeatedly refused or ignored. I say this without rancour (after all, the owners are conducting a treasure hunt), though I’m surprised that they’d sooner not have the data than risk a claim on any treasure that might be found (which was Dan Blankenship’s reason for rejecting approaches from outside).

I’m particularly intrigued by the ground markers (notably, the triangles and the drilled rocks) within this area as I feel that insufficient attention has been paid to them. I wouldn’t be digging, simply collecting data as potential evidence while testing a hypothesis.

I consider it possible that something highly significant may have been missed by people jumping to the wrong conclusions and failing to assess the sources and the evidence objectively.

This is why I stress that, as the Laginas seem to be getting nowhere, it may well be worthwhile going back and looking through the history of the search truly critically - but this time without prejudice.

While the history that the Laginas are presenting is even worse than lame, I wouldn't go so far as to suggest that everything reported about Oak Island has necessarily been made up or is unworthy of attention

I happen to feel that the site hasn’t been adequately surveyed, with ‘survey’ being the operative word. I actually would pay for an opportunity to conduct a survey of the east of the island over an area some 600 feet (with the Money Pit at centre) by 500 feet (with the Money Pit at due west, that is, eastwards to Smith’s Cove).

Over the past 40 years, I’ve tried several times to get permission to do this, but have been repeatedly refused or ignored. I say this without rancour (after all, the owners are conducting a treasure hunt), though I’m surprised that they’d sooner not have the data than risk a claim on any treasure that might be found (which was Dan Blankenship’s reason for rejecting approaches from outside).

I’m particularly intrigued by the ground markers (notably, the triangles and the drilled rocks) within this area as I feel that insufficient attention has been paid to them. I wouldn’t be digging, simply collecting data as potential evidence while testing a hypothesis.

I consider it possible that something highly significant may have been missed by people jumping to the wrong conclusions and failing to assess the sources and the evidence objectively.

This is why I stress that, as the Laginas seem to be getting nowhere, it may well be worthwhile going back and looking through the history of the search truly critically - but this time without prejudice.

While the history that the Laginas are presenting is even worse than lame, I wouldn't go so far as to suggest that everything reported about Oak Island has necessarily been made up or is unworthy of attention
i'll leave you to your thoughts.
Though risking a claim on any treasure that might be found (per Dan) would be simple enough by guests signing an agreement not to.
Why couldn't someone file a claim against what he found if he found a treasure then ? Heck , hand him a shovel then!

I don't have an iron in this fire, but I have spent some time investigating OI since I first heard of it, when I was a teen. John London and I used two books with photos of the clues and hints that have been found on the Island to find the site works like many others we have solved. So far in all the episodes aired on the History Channel, as far as I know, none of the clues were interpreted as to their true meaning. I watched the first few shows when the series began, but saw the searchers are mostly guessing about everything. John and I were amused by the amateurish way the stone objects were used in the hunt. One day when the TV series is over, if I'm still around I'll throw in my two cents worth of knowledge about Oak Island.
There is actually a photograph revealing in symbolism that some treasure was removed a century ago, more or less.
HBB
some if not all of the treasure once on Oak Island is most certainly gone.
I don't have an iron in this fire, but I have spent some time investigating OI since I first heard of it, when I was a teen. John London and I used two books with photos of the clues and hints that have been found on the Island to find the site works like many others we have solved. So far in all the episodes aired on the History Channel, as far as I know, none of the clues were interpreted as to their true meaning. I watched the first few shows when the series began, but saw the searchers are mostly guessing about everything. John and I were amused by the amateurish way the stone objects were used in the hunt. One day when the TV series is over, if I'm still around I'll throw in my two cents worth of knowledge about Oak Island.
There is actually a photograph revealing in symbolism that some treasure was removed a century ago, more or less.
HBB
I m

R

ay have stirred up a hornet's nest by mentioning the photo that tells of gold being found on Oak Island long ago. So many questions made Google warn me my mailbox is 96% full and I haven't time to read 10 % of it.
This photo is the tip of a "BIG" iceberg. A long story taking most of my life to research, explore and verify. Hopefully I will live long enough to complete a book I'm writing about the mystery.
This photo, I think, is posted elsewhere on this forum. I'll see if I can handle the rigor-ma-row to post it here.
Have fun y'all
HBBB

Attachments

• FDR on Oak Island sepia .jpg
    FDR on Oak Island sepia .jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 11
I was just reading a post about 2 axes found on Oak Island. I can't find it again so here is what I was going to post on that. Its long winded but will help some of you to understand more about real treasure hunting.
New post
It appears from all the talk about lost axes, some of you need a new idea.

Before I offer my advice, ( I ask that moderators please don’t delete this post. The person I am revealing as knowing nothing about the treasure I speak of has harassed me on this website for several years. Check it out.)
This will be a long explanation of why those on this forum are still asking questions about things dug at Oak Island and elsewhere.

About 29 years ago, I and some in my company began posting true and coherent information on this forum, concerning how treasure clues found in the right places are used to locate the caches in a depository. We had made a few posts before the “experts” began to make fun of what we said. People like 2latetodig or okietreasurehunter was one of the worst. He not only suggested we were crazy but harassed us on the forum. Read his old posts. Later after one of his friends”?” contacted OTC asking us to meet him to look over a map he had. He lived where we were working a site. Not knowing the man was friends with my nemesis, I invited him and his Dad (map man) to meet with us in my RV in Elgin. Ok. We attempted to give some advice to them because one was the man who had several authentic treasure maps. He didn’t know we also had copies of the maps after he gave copies to other THers. They did not know how to read a treasure map. So two of them solicited OTC for help. We found three (they all were disclosed by the idiots I helped) caches using two maps at other sites in Oklahoma.

Since the maps came from him and I wasn’t told the origin of the maps when we got them. We offered them a chance to work with us and split all the finds. They also knew okietreasurehunter. They were trying to make up their minds if they wanted his help or ours. During our meeting I began to show photos of clues we had been finding on our site. One very important clue was made from a tube once containing 3M weather stripping cement from the 1950s. They laughed in our face and choose to work with the other guy. My bad, at that meeting, they learned where our treasure hunt was ongoing. They and OTH, showed up there using binoculars to spy on us from atop hills. Later okietreasehunter started a website posting old treasure legends and pretending to be knowledgeable on all types of treasure. He actually knows nothing about the most common treasure in America. After that we left Tnet and the internet almost completely for over 26 years. In 2007 “He” went behind our back and had our automatic renewal of our lease with the State of Oklahoma canceled. He and his partners leased and worked the site for 6 months before we re-established our lease. We went and found they left, after digging several deep holes and not restoring the ground and planting grass, as was required by the state. The state inspector came to us to see where the digging was done. Afterwards we were told they were made to pay for restoration of their work.

We went back to our work and finally collected all the clues we needed to complete our hunt. So the moral to this long post is “don’t laugh at a gift horse until you’ve learned to ride.”

Now I’m old and done with field work on treasure, I will little by little tell some secrets about finding ****** gold. Take it for what you will, but consider where it comes from, I expect the man I mentioned to come at my posts with both feet. Weigh his experience against mine and decide who may be the one to believe. Note as soon as he learns what I say, it will become his and I just act like the information was mine.
Folks my old eyes are prone to mistakes please forgive.
HBBB

Attachments

• Bob's favorite treasure sign on door of his Bronco.jpg
    Bob's favorite treasure sign on door of his Bronco.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 27
  • AXE  as treasure clue oklahoma 1993 John's Pocket site.jpg
    AXE as treasure clue oklahoma 1993 John's Pocket site.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Dsc00676.jpg
    Dsc00676.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 28
I was just reading a post about 2 axes found on Oak Island. I can't find it again so here is what I was going to post on that. Its long winded but will help some of you to understand more about real treasure hunting.
New post
It appears from all the talk about lost axes, some of you need a new idea.

Before I offer my advice, ( I ask that moderators please don’t delete this post. The person I am revealing as knowing nothing about the treasure I speak of has harassed me on this website for several years. Check it out.)
This will be a long explanation of why those on this forum are still asking questions about things dug at Oak Island and elsewhere.

About 29 years ago, I and some in my company began posting true and coherent information on this forum, concerning how treasure clues found in the right places are used to locate the caches in a depository. We had made a few posts before the “experts” began to make fun of what we said. People like 2latetodig or okietreasurehunter was one of the worst. He not only suggested we were crazy but harassed us on the forum. Read his old posts. Later after one of his friends”?” contacted OTC asking us to meet him to look over a map he had. He lived where we were working a site. Not knowing the man was friends with my nemesis, I invited him and his Dad (map man) to meet with us in my RV in Elgin. Ok. We attempted to give some advice to them because one was the man who had several authentic treasure maps. He didn’t know we also had copies of the maps after he gave copies to other THers. They did not know how to read a treasure map. So two of them solicited OTC for help. We found three (they all were disclosed by the idiots I helped) caches using two maps at other sites in Oklahoma.

Since the maps came from him and I wasn’t told the origin of the maps when we got them. We offered them a chance to work with us and split all the finds. They also knew okietreasurehunter. They were trying to make up their minds if they wanted his help or ours. During our meeting I began to show photos of clues we had been finding on our site. One very important clue was made from a tube once containing 3M weather stripping cement from the 1950s. They laughed in our face and choose to work with the other guy. My bad, at that meeting, they learned where our treasure hunt was ongoing. They and OTH, showed up there using binoculars to spy on us from atop hills. Later okietreasehunter started a website posting old treasure legends and pretending to be knowledgeable on all types of treasure. He actually knows nothing about the most common treasure in America. After that we left Tnet and the internet almost completely for over 26 years. In 2007 “He” went behind our back and had our automatic renewal of our lease with the State of Oklahoma canceled. He and his partners leased and worked the site for 6 months before we re-established our lease. We went and found they left, after digging several deep holes and not restoring the ground and planting grass, as was required by the state. The state inspector came to us to see where the digging was done. Afterwards we were told they were made to pay for restoration of their work.

We went back to our work and finally collected all the clues we needed to complete our hunt. So the moral to this long post is “don’t laugh at a gift horse until you’ve learned to ride.”

Now I’m old and done with field work on treasure, I will little by little tell some secrets about finding ****** gold. Take it for what you will, but consider where it comes from, I expect the man I mentioned to come at my posts with both feet. Weigh his experience against mine and decide who may be the one to believe. Note as soon as he learns what I say, it will become his and I just act like the information was mine.
Folks my old eyes are prone to mistakes please forgive.
HBBB
Did you ever find any consistent compass headings at a site or were compass headings determined by terrain feature and differed from place to place?
Thanks Bob

Is this a battle-axe blade?
The chipping on the axe head is interesting, like you would see on a blade that someone fought with.

Is this a battle-axe blade?
The chipping on the axe head is interesting, like you would see on a blade that someone fought with.
Chipping is wear damage abuse.
Chopping ice or hitting stones or who knows.

Better iron heads had a steel bit forge welded into the battered edge shown in the picture you're referencing.

1720580227162.png

MDOG compass azimuths are always very subtle and often completely missed unless you are very through in looking at everything on a clue and stuff in the area. Metal clues are most likely to have several pointers on them, most of the points will be fairly large but the most important one will usually by tiny and missed. Also some sharp point may just point to something else a few feet to 1/8 miles away. Depends on the type of terrain. If you can see a long ways then it may be further away than it's in the mountains or heavy woods. Hope this makes sense, wife not doing well today so no time for this
sorry
HBBB

MDOG compass azimuths are always very subtle and often completely missed unless you are very through in looking at everything on a clue and stuff in the area. Metal clues are most likely to have several pointers on them, most of the points will be fairly large but the most important one will usually by tiny and missed. Also some sharp point may just point to something else a few feet to 1/8 miles away. Depends on the type of terrain. If you can see a long ways then it may be further away than it's in the mountains or heavy woods. Hope this makes sense, wife not doing well today so no time for this
sorry
HBBB

Thanks Bob.

Sorry your wife isn't doing well. I stay pretty close to my wife, too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back