Why Is Liberty Seated?...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Smokey the Cat ever invites you to detect a site, just say "Yes. Thank you."

Me and the Equinox 800 were somehow invited back to "The Farm" again for a little Friday detecting fun and the "Relic Hunter's Amusement Park" did not disappoint once again.

My finds were relatively few, but they were quality and keep me coming back whenever I get lucky enough to be asked back. Heck, I've been to multi-day site hunts where just one of these keepers would have been more than I could have asked for.

Anyway, snagged a couple of Eagle buttons including my first "Eagle R" rifleman's button that even caused Smokey to sit up and take notice (lol) and a couple of nice minie balls including a Williams Type III cleaner.

So about that riddle - Why is Liberty seated on silver coinage? Answer: Because she's old. That's why.

In this case, 160 years old. Old silver comes out of this site shining like it was minted yesterday.

Also snagged a 1936 Wheatie who was too shy to have his picture taken and some other smaller brass, lead, and copper piece parts. Some big, flat iron also wanted to come out of the ground too because it was tired of getting hit by or falling off the plow, I guess.

All finds snagged with an Equinox 800 on stock Park 2 or Field 2 settings with just a smidge iron bias on the Park 2 setting (Iron Bias 3) to take the nail falsing edge off. Generally ran in All Metal. Had the Field 2 mode with 0 iron bias stored in the User Profile slot so I could quickly switch between the two modes for target interrogation or to switch things up. Got the impression Park 2 may hit slightly harder on high conductive targets than Field 2. Field 2 even with 0 iron bias seems to run "quieter" than Park 2 and gives me a a more solid overall non-ferrous audio signal on average. Very subjective observations and could be influenced by whatever mode I happened to be in when I nailed the keepers than real, objective performance data.

HH

20180427_171559.jpg

20180427_171544.jpg

20180427_171525.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 39

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back