***WHO ARE YOU ? OR SHOULD I SAY,WHAT ARE YOU

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
This is not your personal identity information. I am looking for your PHILOSOPHY!

I am a Realist in that I can see things the way they are, But I am also an
Idealist in that I can also see things the way they should really be.

The three rules I live by:
1- treat others the way I want to be treated.
2- treat others the way they treat me.
3- treat others before they treat me.

I use the rules in the order shown except in emergencies where No.3 is used
first.

COME ON GUYS AND GIRLS, LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND ANSWER, UNLESS YOU ARE AFRAID OF WHAT YOU SEE!!

Interesting topic and I am surprised that no one has replied to this yet :icon_scratch:

I am with you for the first rule you live by, thereafter, I do have a slightly different spin. So, without further ado, here we go.

1- treat others the way I want to be treated.
2- treat others the way they treat me, but in a nicer tone and try and get my point across in a subtle way
3- * If they still don't get it, I am longer subtle and will veer to the inane

*Note: I regret if I have to get to #3 as it may make the recipient angry, mortified, sullen, melancholy, or just plain old drive em crazy :laughing7:

I try always to remember the immortal philosophy of Monty Python in "The Life of Brian":

"You come into this life with nothing, you leave with nothing. So in the end, what have you lost? Nothing!"

1. The Golden Rule always applies.

2. However, if someone wrongs you and you do nothing about it, then I believe you have inadvertently sent a message to the world that it is ok to take advantage of you.

3. I would rather be respected than loved.

Are you trying to get on Dano's good side by quoting from "The Life of Brian?" I kindda know Dano and he has no good side :tongue3: but I do love that quote.

I will take exception with #2 to a small degree. If you do nothing about being wronged, then you have sent a "clear" message that it's OK to take advantage of you.

2 replies
I'm beginning to think that some people didn't like what they saw in the mirror!

That's if they even have mirrors :tongue3: I guess it's difficult to give yourself an honest evaluation, after all, we all like to think we are behaving in a proper way. I believe that some live by a faulty way of reasoning, being it's my way, or the highway. Put simply, it's the "me" generation... Nothing matters more than me, plain as day. I guess we all have those moments at some time, the trick is to see it and try and follow the "Golden Rule." Then again, if the "Golden Rule" doesn't work, there is always step #3 :laughing7:

I'm a Possibilitarian.

Learning to tap into your own personal genius

A Possibilitarian always knows that there are endless possibilities and when looking for a solution to anything you tap into the field of possibilities where all answers are.

Learning to influence your own mind helps you enter the field of possibilities. This field is something that everyone is connected to at birth. You can say it is like being hooked up to the internet and how you access the field of possibilities is through your thinking habits.

vibes said:
I'm a Possibilitarian.

Learning to tap into your own personal genius

I like your rational in the thought process :icon_thumleft: Here is where I personally have a slight problem with the thought processes.

vibes said:
A Possibilitarian always knows that there are endless possibilities and when looking for a solution to anything you tap into the field of possibilities where all answers are.

Learning to influence your own mind helps you enter the field of possibilities. This field is something that everyone is connected to at birth.

Every time I try and enter the field of possibilities, I stop to smell the roses and then I forget what I'm there for :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Vibe: Your theory looks good but you are limited to what is stored in your brain[unless you have ESP]. So that means your possibilities end where you jumped off the learning curve. Of course some people continue to learn by reading and observing. This is where being older has a slight advantage. One of the few,I might mention.

I think Vibes is "spot on" in her thinking. There really are endless possibilities and solutions in reasoning. The trick is to find the shortcut to that knowledge. You are in no way locked into what you currently know, you do have the ability to think of ideas yet untapped.

Frankn said:
Vibe: Your theory looks good but you are limited to what is stored in your brain[unless you have ESP]. So that means your possibilities end where you jumped off the learning curve. Of course some people continue to learn by reading and observing. This is where being older has a slight advantage. One of the few,I might mention.

assumptions Frankn. And I am highly intuitive :wink:

Thank goodness there are no rules to my life. It would be such a drag to be born and be handed a book and told 'Welcome, here's the rules'. Yeah buddy, you can kiss my *ss. (Not you Frankn) Common sense should be your guidance.

With my "rose-ish Colored Glasses," I like to look at life as an opportunity to help someone out who may need help.
I've been taken advantage of many times in my life, but that doesn't deter my spirit: for every 9 people who screw me when I'm trying to help, the one who really appreciates the help is worth more than the price that ANY financial gain could elicit.

I am however a realist; I now "scrutinize" situations that I allow myself to become involved in.
It's really sad that the "screwers" are so plentiful...

Best,
Scott

Attachments

• shells2.jpg
    shells2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 131
Here's a recap on my thoughts;
-Assumptions are what you see or hear " compared to what you already know!"

-The less rules the better! Rules are usually set up by biased people forcing their own agenda.

-My view is that 90% of the people are good and usually unseen and 10%
" the screwers" are rotten to the core and noticed. P.S. That's why you usually see bad news on TV.

Then there's the 1% were I fit in... After all, I am the all knowing and all seeing :tongue3: Besides, I'm too busy to even have an agenda....

well that looks a little bionary but next time add a decmat to get your point across.

The things we do on these slow days!(^_~)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back