What was your first silver coin?

1915 barber quarter eyeball find on the dirt road behind our house in salix pa..1963..ive been a treasure nut ever since!!!

'44 Merc
44merc.jpg

I've been detecting 2 years. Far into the first year, while waiting for my son to meet me with our shared detector, I eyeballed the ground as I slowly walked over a city field we'd detected several times before. I'd found a surface 1940 nickel there before, so was hoping for another coin. Saw what looked like a dirty white plastic poker chip on ground --- "junk?" I thought, nearly walking by. Instinct caused me to instead bend down for a closer look and as soon as I saw the rays, I knew I had a Peace Silver Dollar! 1923 and beautiful! I started crying from happy surprise. (I'm an old girl, more used to crying with happiness than cussing or pooping my pants like some of you guys do) It's my only silver coin, fine with me! HH Andi

1848 half dol

46 Roosevelt found with my Xterra 70 amost 6 years ago at an old trailer park where a confederate gun emplacement had been.

A 1946 Roosevelt dime found in Dallas, TX in 1985 with a Fisher 1220X.

1952 P Roosie

1921 mercury a few days ago. I was thrilled I found silver. Didnt find out until i got home it was a key date. Wow

1961-D Rosie, April of 1991, #1 of just under 800 silvers so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back