CMJ76

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2015
NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi- I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could identify this bracelet I found years ago metal detecting in Southern Dutchess County in the hudson valley New York. I am not sure what type of metal it is. Thanks for any help IMG_0325.JPGIMG_0327.JPG

Last edited:
If it is a piston ring why would it have designs on it? I will have to bring it to someone to take a look at it. I know its not a piston ring or costume jewelry. Thanks for looking. If and when I find out what it is I will post it here.

Upvote 0
copper wrist rings are often worn to help with arthiritisis by native americans -- being copper its thought that it helps bodies electrical energy's (chi) flow and eases the pain ..silver can also help as well being both metals conduct electrical energy well..

Upvote 0
Looks like an ankle bracelet to me.
Holes are settings where diamonds
or other stones were set.

Upvote 0
If it is a piston ring why would it have designs on it? I will have to bring it to someone to take a look at it. I know its not a piston ring or costume jewelry. Thanks for looking. If and when I find out what it is I will post it here.

The consensus now is NOT a piston ring. Its either copper or silver but Im not going to suggest the silver test solution. It seems that the silver acid testing is hard to use for those that are inexperienced.

Have a jeweler look at it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL thats what I meant of course. it was a typo. I used to own a small engine repair shop and I was also the mechanic. But it was a long time ago apparently.:laughing7:

I hear you, I type faster than my brain engages and make the same mistakes. I try to hit the edit buttom before it goes viral, but sometimes.............. Age is only a state of mind.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back