What the.......? From Friend of Friend - I have no idea what they are.

prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What we have here are pictures of something I have not ran across. These were found up in the mountain but he will not tell us where. In particular,pic 23a is as smooth as can be and weight over 2lb and he's got over 4000. The round egg looking ball is as big as a softball but not heavy at all and he's got close to 200 of them. They were tested for gold to nickel but no luck. The rest of the pics are made of some kind of metal. Take your shot and let me know.

View attachment 626851View attachment 626856View attachment 626855View attachment 626852View attachment 626854View attachment 626853View attachment 626857

Upvote 0
BCH,

Please do not read anything nefarious in this. I have the emailed photos. I got them months ago. There will be no more info. I will not harass my friend over this. No one is trying to con anybody I know. If the photos are bogus, so be it!

I just thought someone might know what they are.

PP
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Nobody is harassing anybody. I am in no way trying to suggest you or your friend are perpetrating a con. But I am suggesting to be careful because many "unknown metal" cons are coming out of the Phillipines and they are contacting us treasure hunters by email.

Asking tough questions and reading between the lines is all part of the identification process. Withholding any further information will not help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
23a looks uncorroded. But we need to know more info. That doesnt mean you are harassing him. They need to take pics with something for size in the picture. We know they weigh 2 pounds but we dont know the size. We need to know how many metals it was tested for and by what process. There is a way to test the density of the 23a unknown metal someone here may be able to explain the process and you can email back the instructions.

The Jap items look very interesting. I think I said that. Are they brass or are they also an unknown metal?

Upvote 0
What we have here are pictures of something I have not ran across. These were found up in the mountain but he will not tell us where. In particular,pic 23a is as smooth as can be and weight over 2lb and he's got over 4000. The round egg looking ball is as big as a softball but not heavy at all and he's got close to 200 of them. They were tested for gold to nickel but no luck. The rest of the pics are made of some kind of metal. Take your shot and let me know.

View attachment 626851View attachment 626856View attachment 626855View attachment 626852View attachment 626854View attachment 626853View attachment 626857

I have decided to start over because I may be confused. Im really trying to help honestly. You need to tell us who sent these emails to you and why? I dont need his name just where he lives (US or Phillipines)? Where did your friend get the pics? (US or Phillipines) What country was the mountain in? (US or Phillipines- This we absolutely need to know). Try to explain the best you can. I shouldnt have to guess or read between the lines..

I also need to know the other answers relating to size, testing and metal type.

You said "there will be no more info" Are you still in touch with your friend? Is he in touch with the Phillipines or are you in touch directly with the Phillipines or is the communication over?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe some of our experts can offer their opinions, but does this script look like a form of Latin? And it must not be a very dense metal for you to set it on top of a glass table! I will be looking forward to learning about this one...Sub
It sure does look like Latin. It even appears to say ISTIA which may be a town in Italy. You would think there would be Japanese writing but there was a Nazi Italian Fascist Jap connection in WWII. We really need to know more information on something so interesting especially what country it was found in...

Upvote 0
Here is a blowup of the dragon heart. If anyone can ID the symbol above would help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BCH,

You are responding like a man possessed.

I nor my friend have the original email. Since we knew nothing about the items, we gave up. I am new to this forum and since I had a copy of the pictures, I uploaded it to "What is it?"

I am not nor is anyone I know heading off for a secret search in some mountain. Not going to happen! I have not received any pleas for funds. BTW, I do not need to tell you anything as you so urgently command.

I know nothing else.

I was just curious about the items and wondered what they were. I now wish I had never uploaded them. I did not know someone would go off the deep end over them.

You are getting scary!!

Keep it up and I will contact the admin/moderator. Drop it!!!

PP

Upvote 0
BCH,

You are responding like a man possessed.

I nor my friend have the original email. Since we knew nothing about the items, we gave up. I am new to this forum and since I had a copy of the pictures, I uploaded it to "What is it?"

I am not nor is anyone I know heading off for a secret search in some mountain. Not going to happen! I have not received any pleas for funds. BTW, I do not need to tell you anything as you so urgently command.

I know nothing else.

I was just curious about the items and wondered what they were. I now wish I had never uploaded them. I did not know someone would go off the deep end over them.

You are getting scary!!

Keep it up and I will contact the admin/moderator. Drop it!!!

PP
Wow. I am in complete shock. I thought you wanted help. My mistake.

Have you tried the Dowsing Forum?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My apologies if I misunderstood.

I will drop it also.

Thank you.
PP

Upvote 0
My apologies if I misunderstood.

I will drop it also.

Thank you.
PP
Apology accepted and welcome to the forum. :hello: I find it odd however that you post pictures from an email but cannot even tell us what country the email came from and get offended when I ask... Am I supposed to guess?

The items you have are tough IDs thats why I was trying to get as much information as possible but you werent cooperating. Call it possessed if you want but I like a challenge. I will take your request and bow out and watch any progress from afar. Maybe someone else can do better than I.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know, what objects they are. But, those are looking valuable antiques and I would also like to know about those objects.

Upvote 0
Yes, seems we are going off the deep end, but when someone sends some pics, and say he will not tell anything about them, it does seem strange. So when someone ask for help, and only tell others that they are going off the deep end, what kind of reply do you expect? By all means, please report these people that have went off the deep end, it might be a long report.

Upvote 0
Further, the assistance provided by members like BCH make the What Is It forum work. If he and a few others were not here to help people with exactly the sort of questions he was asking, very little would get solved here.

When I was relatively new on the forum, I did not deem it necessary to instruct long-standing, invaluable posters on how to conduct themselves.

Upvote 0
I am not always right and I ask tough questions but its necessary. Its part of the identification process. Asking size and the country of origin are SOP.

Maybe I went too far out on a limb. So far, with little information to work with, I may have guesed right that it came in an email from the Phillipines. For what reason, I dont know, but give me some credit prairepup.

For what its worth, it looks like an extremely interesting "What Is It".. I dont know the size of the glass table but, like someone said, that Crysanthenum brick has got to be very heavy if its solid brass.. Maybe its hollow and something is inside? We may never know if you deleted the email and lost contact.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's so obvious I'm surprised no one has got this yet.

Squirrel bait..... yup.

brass acorn.jpg

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back