dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and no.. It's a shame your buddy did this to you.. But you showed him the spot.. Sorry to hear that he did this to you I would'nt be happy about it either.. I think next time you find a spot that produces like this on you should probably just keep it to yourself...

Yes and no.. It's a shame your buddy did this to you.. But you showed him the spot.. Sorry to hear that he did this to you I would'nt be happy about it either.. I think next time you find a spot that produces like this on you should probably just keep it to yourself...

I know I blame myself. The deal was hed let me borrow some coils he bas to test if id take him there for a few hours. Now I know why I liked huntin alone for so long.

Just a bad situation.. Sucks your buddy would do that to you.

There is only one way to solve this. Speak to him and let him know the issue.

It's a learning experience- I had the same thing happen to me. Now my " honey holes" Stay MY honey holes.

Last edited:
I would be ****'in bricks, some of my spots have taken hours to find using old aerial photos/ old maps. Using the old maps are tough because they are not to scale. Partially why you should keep somethings to yourself.

I will be pounding it hard, the next few dayss. Luckily I am on 3rd shift I can go right after work. That's what happens when u r nice guy. I see him there I will be headin to a nice old spot he showed me.

Never tell anyone where your sweet spots are.. If you take someone with you, next time make them wear a black hood both going and coming from the spot... :nono:

Never tell anyone where your sweet spots are.. If you take someone with you, next time make them wear a black hood both going and coming from the spot... :nono:

Trust me I learned my leason.

This reminds me of the saying, "Bad things happen to good people."

That is why i never hunt with any body....... I always hunt alone ..... No one needs to know were i hunt .... but me......

This exact problem is why beach hunting is so appealing to me! Wide open spaces that everyone has the same opportunity to hunt. Thankful I live within driving distance to both sides of F.L.A. ! I think I would just express your ill feelings to your "buddy" in a cool, calm way! I would pissed to say the least.

I'd just let it go. But if you do decide to have a talk with him...leave your gun at home!(:-)

hey...at least now you know he is not a "friend"...

Exactly! That is not a good friend that would do that. I think I'd confront hom about it.

I just gave him some BS excuse that were not allowed back there for awhile. But I bave been hunting it the last few mornings and hav been doin pretty good.

I just gave him some BS excuse that were not allowed back there for awhile. But I bave been hunting it the last few mornings and hav been doin pretty good.
Ya tell him... the Owner saw some big holes he and his buddy left...and the owner wants to kick his a$$ if he catches him there agin!
Gary

If you're the one who originally got permission from the owner, just tell your FORMER hunting buddy that the owner
is not comforable with anyone else but you hunting the property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back