what do u think

Here's how it works, you take a friend to your favorite place, the friend likes what he finds and brags, the guy he brags to wants to hunt there, so the friend brings him, then the friends friend brings a friend, and the friends friends friend brings a friend, and it very quickly gets totally out of hand, you have no idea who the people are, and they totally screw you over. Happens deer hunting your hot spot and fishing your favorite hole. Human nature wants to brag about finds, especially good finds or good spots. If I found a huge gold nugget, I'd want to show it to people and let them eat their heart out, but the facts are, for many reasons, keep your mouth shut unless sharing is your game, at my age I speak from experience. Even on a forum like this, if you speak too much, there is liable to be someone that will figure it out, and be there the next time you go.

I think telling a third person was very wrong of him. Even if he went back there alone i would be a little ticked off.

I still have no idea why so many of you have to .........Have or want a buddy to hunt with .....

I still have no idea why so many of you have to .........Have or want a buddy to hunt with .....

I hunt mostly solo, but I enjoy just seeing what comes out of the ground. Two people make for twice as many finds, friendly rivalry, and different methods and ideas can be picked up.

As I get older I value my friendships more, I would rather have 5 good friends, than 5 pounds of gold.

So where is the spot at ? Sorta like a buddy rolling up hitting mob button while your slayin some snappers. Sometimes tech is a bad thing.

So where is the spot at ? Sorta like a buddy rolling up hitting mob button while your slayin some snappers. Sometimes tech is a bad thing.

I was thinking the exact same thing relating to hunting and fishing. It's human nature to be greedy.

I often take a buddy to my hot spots......

After I hammered the hell out of the place!:headbang:

You may have lost out on this one but you win in the end from the lesson learned.

Cheers,
Dave.

I think karma will come to play eventually and you will find all the good stuff. I'm sorry your friend took advantage of your knowledge and generosity.

I hunt mostly solo, but I enjoy just seeing what comes out of the ground. Two people make for twice as many finds, friendly rivalry, and different methods and ideas can be picked up.

As I get older I value my friendships more, I would rather have 5 good friends, than 5 pounds of gold.
Well i am older than you more than likely .......... And i would take that 5 lb's of gold any time .... You can always find friends but it is hard to find 5 pounds of gold..................... But if you have 5 pounds of gold ... you will have all kinds of friends ...... The kind of friends you don't want.................So i will take the gold over friends....... I do have friends but they do not know were i hunt .... No need for any one to know my business ..........

I think karma will come to play eventually and you will find all the good stuff. I'm sorry your friend took advantage of your knowledge and generosity.
I took a friend hunting recently, that found a class ring with the owners name inscribed. She was able and happy to return it a month later. Some said "good karma would come to her". Others wondered if it were bad karma returned to the owner when he lost it! Lol
Made me think.
I hunt with someone else if I don't like or know the area.
Haven't been burned yet in almost 2 years hunting.
Ray
Ray

I hunt with my kid and nobody else, he knows where money park and the treasure tree are but wont tell anyone...........i hope

No sense in making up stories about the owners mad etc, the guy could check that out and show u as a liar and u don't want that. As a friend go to him explain to him it was to be just you two and now that he's brought in another then a slip of the tongue could turn a great spot to crap quickly. Just ask him to stop, maybe have him introduce you to the other guy and just have the three of you hunt the area only. Better to keep the water calm than make waves and lose the place all together.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back