"Were here to kill Americans"

Dave44:

The GNoP can take that advice and keep losing elections. Good luck with that.

All the best,

~The Old Bookaroo

Every time the GOP takes advice from extremists on the left they lose another election. They have been following your advice for entirely too long for their own good. And now they have been thoroughly infected with Progressives. Until they purge the infection they will be only slightly less dangerous than the Democrats.

Dave44:

Oh - like Barry Goldwater? Hmmm...what year was that? '64? Right?

Have at it!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Dave44:

Oh - like Barry Goldwater? Hmmm...what year was that? '64? Right?

Have at it!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Like I said, I would have at it,, But the Republicans have been infected. Looks like new party time. Because otherwise we get to your extremism a little slower or faster,, depending.

Been trying to catch up on some reading, and sorry that I stopped here......Statement was made that in O's first term that we had the lowest Fed income tax.....well duh.....we had all suffered lower income . In his first term mine dropped from 40k to below 20k, clients with cash horded it, and the other's just didn't pay....my I must have missed all the great time of this administration!..Wkile I look forward with anticipation to the election of 2016, I'm not sure I'll like the outcome any better:BangHead:

GMD52:

My statement did not refer to overall collections - it referred to tax rates.

The most detailed look at this question comes from a table compiled by the Urban Institute-Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan group that has analyzed tax plans of the presidential candidates. The table calculates the average federal tax rate for four-person families at three different income levels -- one-half the median income, the median income, and twice the median income. The "average rate" means actual taxes paid as a percentage of a taxpayer’s income after deductions and exemptions. The table includes data from 1955 to 2011.

For one-half the median income and the median income, average tax rates were lower in 2009, 2010 and 2011 than any year back to 1955 except for 2008. So Obama's largely right for these groups.

For taxpayers earning twice the median -- which was just over $151,000 in 2011 -- tax rates were lower in Obama’s three years than in any year back 44 years, to 1968. But rates were lower for this group between 1955 and 1967. So by this measure, Obama’s claim wasn’t perfect either.

PolitiFact | Barack Obama says taxes on families are at their lowest point in 50 years

The stimulus package included the largest cut in Federal income taxes for working middle-class families in our nation's history.

This is not to claim some people haven't had a rough time. Of course they have! But, on average, the tax rate individuals are paying today is low.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back