SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,
I went to Baghdad today to visit a few project sites. Had my mugshot taken again at the "Crossed Swords". This is where they used to have parades and reviews. To the left are covered reviewing stands. The tallest one is where Saddam used to stand.
IZ Trip 022.jpg

Also, here's a poor picture of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (An unidentified Iraqi Soldier from the Iran / Iraq War)
IZ Trip 015.jpg

That's about it from over here. 41 more days until I'm outta here and about 50 days until I start posting FINDS instead of this stuff!

HH,
SgtSki

Hey Sgtski keep safe thank you and all of our Military for serving our country all over the world we are proud of you I am a vietnam vet now I am supporting the Troops working at Letterkenny Army Depot good luck Bob

Always good to see your posts and pics so we know you are safe! You are always in our prayers and we are so looking forward to you coming home and posting finds!! Stay safe!!

Then we may say, "Welcome home!" and I see you made a couple finds in Iraq...was thinking that area used for parades between the two Crossed Sword gates ought to hold some finds (if you could detect there). Stay safe, see you home soon. 8)

Thanks for sharing and thank you for serving our Country. Stay safe and hurry home. Tell your friends we are praying for their safety also.

Pepper

With a Democrat in office, you will be back home in no time. ;)

In all seriousness, I appreciate your duty! Thanks for serving for our country!

While you are there, swing your machine. That place dates back to B.C. ;) :D

Kirk

SGT,

Cool photos. Good on ya.

Thank you, thank you--"to those that fight for it freedom has a flavor the protected never know", (written and found on a C-ration box lid Khe Sanh 69, probably a Marine).

27 years Army (74-2001), here. Glad you are safe.

Looking forward to seeing your finds in 51 days--I'll be counting. Thank you for being there for our country. Stay safe--think twice and remember the way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. :) :) If you don't know em don't trust em.

Charlie Mike.

Stryker

be careful over there and we will see you when you get back home! ;)

Great pics......i just wanted to tell you how GREATFUL I am for you and those like you. Freedom is nothing to be taken lightly, an you are very very appreciated. God speed and safe return home. dig well!! :-*

Great Pics ----------- Stay Safe!---------------- Come Home Soon ------------ More Pics Please-------------

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Thank you for your service too and please stay safe..

Thanks Everybody!

No Kirk, I wasn't even gonna THINK about bringing one of my machines over here! Too much stuff in the ground that I don't WANT to find. When I was over here in 2005 we were building a berm around a base and when one of the 7 Dozers I was in charge of was pushing dirt, we uncovered a bunch of pottery shards about 2' down along with what we think was a kiln. There wasn't any whole pieces though so we think it was the potter's "mistake and accident" pile. The Iraqi Ministry of Art & Antiquities sent a rep there to check out the site and I was authorized to take a few pieces home with me, which had to be accompanied by a letter (otherwise it's illegal).

So far all I've found this time has been a sterling St Christopher medal that was an eyeball find.

HH,
-SgtSki

Sgt, I would like to thank you and every Soldier, for your commitment to our FREEDOM. My son is in the Army stationed in Germany, He is coming home for two weeks and heading back to Germany, then off to Iraq.

ARMY STRONG

Hi Sgt.Ski!

You'll be home before you know it!
We're all praying for your safe journey!

Trish

:coffee2:Nice photo Sarge.Good to hear your coming back soon.And many thanks from a ole Vietnam Vet for your service over in Iraq.50 days--Hmmmmm, we better put some beer on ice for you!!!! Idig

hi sgt ski . swampfox here, that is a name that goes with the 169th f-16 fighter squadron from mcentire ang in columbia,sc . i have since retired in 1997 . i was in desert storm so i know how it is there. please stay safe and out of harms way. i pray for all the soilders everyday. hopeto here u are home safe on ur next post. hh and good luck and Gods speed for a safe return to the usa. thanks again for ur service, swampfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back