Went down to the river.....with bridge pics!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went down to the river today for a couple of hours and found a few things....nothing real exciting, but had a great time anyway! Just the scenery was worth going there. It's got an old covered bridge that's really neat, and the best part is that it is really sandy and easy to dig there!
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Found some bullets as usual, 5 dimes,? 5 pennies (the oldest was 69), a squished penney, a little man and some stuff that I don't know what it is.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Nana? ;)
Went back today and took some pictures for yall!

;)? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Attachments

• bridge01.JPG
    bridge01.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 1,142
  • bridge02.JPG
    bridge02.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,135
Upvote 0
Glad you all enjoyed it! ;) Chellyp.......I'm in Alabama :D

Nana ;)

johny mc. said:
I'll bet there's stuff in that river. Get yourself some hip waders and a beach scoop. Its not easy because that river bed can be hard in places and you lose site of the targets at times.....but the quality of your finds will increase.
aloha- johny mc.
Cold water, rafting, and dangling limbs always add up to lost jewelry here and there. Look for areas where they pulled in to shore for a break, no telling what may show up. ;)
A very 8) and relaxing site-HH and enjoy.

Hey Nana, that is a beautiful place, I've been to it several times. I have not MD'ed there, but I did find a young mans wallet there. He was from Hayden. He was glad to get it back, high school kid, it had his SS card and his birt cert. and a H.S. report card (paper). That is how I tracked him down.

I love the bluff in the background.

beautifull pictures of the covered bridge. we used to have several around here as i was growing up but they have all since been torn down to make way for "progress".(along with all of the drive in movie theaters). i guess those types of things dont matter much to a lot of people these days.

B E A UTIFUL​
Great shots Nana. How deep is the water there just under the bridge and did they rebuild it. Just down river at the first bend might also be a great place to hunt. Thanks for the Pics. HH

jlewisk....ain't it though! I just love it there!....and you did a good thing! I know he was glad to get it returned!

Floater....I don't know how deep it is there....my son goes fly fishing on down the river a couple of miles so I know it is shallow in some parts and chest high in others.....

Nana ;)

Whew!! Had to check your post. For a minute there, i was afraid you brought a bridge home.
Beautiful pictures and bridge!! Depending on how deep the water, i wonder if you detected into it aways. Might be some old stuff. HH

Nana; This picture and the barn picture, you seem to have an eye for it. You might consider furthering it. Maybe freelance. Seriously No joke HH

nice pics - reminds of my days on the river fishing - when i was a kid - now it i would have only had an ace 250 back then ::)leftybass

Thanks RV....!!! :D But I think it may just be that they are so unique that whoever takes the pic will have good results.... :D ....but I thank you for the compliment! ;)

And dn.....it's in Cleveland, just outside of Blountsville. You need to go and see it, it's a beaut!

Nana ;)

Hey Nan...Nice pics! I agree with RVB, you got an eye ;). So here's the million dollar question- Why cover a bridge? Your gonna get wet before you cross the river and after you get across the river....Why not cover the whole road? ;D So you know what to do if Clint Eastwood shows up takin' pictures of all the bridges in the county right? :o Happy Huntin' Nana~CO2 ;D

By the pics, that looks like a real nice place to detect. You should find some good finds with a little research about the history of that bridge.

GJ & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

CO2....Thanks ?:D....My theory of why the bridges were covered ....I think they did it so the horses wouldn't be afraid to cross.....

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? And YEP....I know what to do!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Nana ?;)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?

Colorado2, the reason bridges were covered was to protect the bridge from the elements. In those days there was no treated lumber.

dnewbury2 said:
Colorado2, the reason bridges were covered was to protect the bridge from the elements. In those days there was no treated lumber.
Thx Dnewbury2! That makes perfect sense. Now I can get some sleep at night ;D~CO2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back