Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
And who did your "likeness" on that stone ?
They did a good job. :)

I may never know for sure what it truly is, But it satisfied my need to hunt and gave me that trill of something unusual. Just like every hole we dig is a treasure until proven different, this can be anything until proven other wise. I know it's broken, maybe a couple hundred years in a farm field will do that. I do know it served someone long ago, it gave me pleasure finding it and gave a lot of you something to comment on. So it seems to still be useful. Thanks for all the interest Art

Even trash is treasure to some.

I like your attitude.

It is still something special... and very old IMO...
A great piece and you should be proud to have dug such a cool piece.
And...
It got ya thread under your belt... Which involved some great "debate" / "discussion".

Well done and keep it up.
If I were you...
I would head back to that spot...
The exact one where you found that piece....
Work it very slow and steady.
Dig it all.

Maybe the mystery can be solved by another find.

I may never know for sure what it truly is, But it satisfied my need to hunt and gave me that trill of something unusual. Just like every hole we dig is a treasure until proven different, this can be anything until proven other wise. I know it's broken, maybe a couple hundred years in a farm field will do that. I do know it served someone long ago, it gave me pleasure finding it and gave a lot of you something to comment on. So it seems to still be useful. Thanks for all the interest Art
I agree. A completely toasted unknown type of large copper coin (or a nice one) would not nearly draw as much interest on here, compared to that find.

and others have posted nice related finds to the thread.

You have to appreciate the artist who did the cutting and matte finish, as it adds different shades of reflected light to the image. The image really pops IMO

Sorry to digress, but is this an 18th century fob seal? It's cracked across the middle unfortunately.

20160121_185935-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back