Waltham Military wrist compass. Any thoughts of vintage?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this old Waltham wrist compass, its marked R88-C-89? on the back. I have found both brass case ones and a plastic case type online that look the same. I'm looking to get some opinions on what war this compass most likely saw sevice in, WWII Europe or Pacific or maybe Korea?... It looks to late to be WWI and to early for Vietnam...The Kahki band has very fine lite color dust through out the fabric and and in the joints of the compass. Do any of you think with a little detail lab work and forensic research it could be possible to isolate where in the world these particles of dust came from? Not that I'd go all the way with that, but it would be a fun idea and I could maybe find out where this compass was used at. It could maybe be North Africa or the Beaches in the Pacific.... I saw a show once that did a research on a Winchester Lever action that was said to have been used at the Battle of Little Big Horn. They did with some compared know bullets found at Last Stand Hill and matched those bullets to the ballistic pattern to the Winchester and with the correct Ser.No. below the time of the battle they had proven with out a dought the rife was there on the day along with Custer in his last battle. They even could say from all the bullets shot from that Winchester found at Last Stand Hill, give a good idea of all the positions the Winchester was fired from. I dig those kind of shows.

Attachments

• compass 1.jpg
    compass 1.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 1,380
  • compass 2.jpg
    compass 2.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 691
  • compass 3.jpg
    compass 3.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 486
  • compass 4.jpg
    compass 4.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 333
See if this helps.Walthan CO went out of business in 1957.It is also Walthan Watch co....hope this helps

Upvote 0
Waltham Military Wrist Compass w C Co | eBayIts looking like Vietnam You can see one like the one you have.click the link you can read about it.I read at frist they went out of business but i guess not or so it seems

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back