Virginia Button(Wartime Mfd.), Jews Harp & A ROMAN Coin found in VA??!? VIDEOS

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virginia Button(Wartime Mfd.), Jews Harp & A ROMAN Coin found in VA??!? VIDEOS

Hey T-Net. :wink: Jeff(UmrGolf2000) and myself got out again yesterday to one of our fields that has just recently been
plowed, taking a break from the city lot where we dug the Eagle "A"s. We wanted a change of pace, and the owner of the field called us yesterday to let us know that he'd just got done discing the field. Well, we knew that this would pretty much make it a new spot again. We ended up having a good day digging a Southern Wartime MFD. Virginia Button and many other goodies! So without further adieu, here's the pics and videos:

-Virginia Button-Wartime MFD "Virtus w/ Sword Raised" by Canfield Brothers/ Baltimore
-Constantine Roman Copper/Bronze coin
-1824 Large Cent
-1856 Large Cent
-1863 Fatty Indian
-1860s Fatty Indian
-Confederate Enfield Blown-through bullet
-Lead filled hat rosette
-War of 1812 Eagle w/shield cuff button
-War of 1812 "Artillery Corps" Eagle Button
-Artillery Fuse
-1600s Ring (Broken)
-Jews Harp
-Reins guide-broken
-Broken Spur
-Broken shoe buckles, flat buttons, etc.

Here's the Virginia button fresh from the Ground:
VA Button April 14, 2010.jpg

Va Button April 14, 2010(3).jpg

IMG_0135.JPG

1821 Large Cent, 1856 Large Cent, 1867 or 68 Indian Head "Fatty"
IMG_0164.JPG

Virginia Button after cleaning:

Front: Note, this is a silver gilted button.
IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

Back: Canfield and Brothers / Baltimore. This makes the button worth more as it is a Southern-made, Wartime, button

IMG_0157.JPG

War of 1812 "Artillery Corps" Eagle button with Cannon and cannonballs
IMG_0160.JPG

Constantine Roman Copper/Bronze Coin?? (The dug coin on the left is next to one that I received from a charity after donating money for a cure to breast cancer...they sent it to me as a "thank you" token. Its probably only worth $20 but is a really cool coin) Notice the ribbon in the hair of both coins. It looks VERY similar)

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

Part of a Plate or pin with Eagle's Head and a star.....It is folded over on itself....It almost looks like a number "1"....
Eagle Head Pin.jpg

Group Shot
IMG_0171.JPG

VIDEOS

CONTINUED BELOW

Upvote 0
Re: Virginia Button(Wartime Mfd.), Jews Harp & A ROMAN Coin found in VA??!? VIDEOS

LOL "those Romans were everywhere" LOL

Re: Virginia Button(Wartime Mfd.), Jews Harp & A ROMAN Coin found in VA??!? VIDEOS

I think that revival of a fish entails throwing it back in the water. Mouth to mouth only works on mammals. Nice Roman coin. Tomorrow is the day I find a Babylonian gold coin.

KylePA said:
Josh bud, you and Jeff are tearing it up like true pros! You guys make a great team! It is cool to see you fellas enjoying other pastimes other than detecting. I bet the conversations on that boat were all about finding Virginia loot in the sloppy fields of today! :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy:

Thanks Kyle....and YES indeed.....treasure was definitely the topic of the day! Can't get enough of it.......in TRUE John Walters fashion :wink: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink:

Re: Virginia Button(Wartime Mfd.), Jews Harp & A ROMAN Coin found in VA??!? VID

4-H said:

Thanks dude :icon_thumleft:

That ring has me thinking I found one after seeing yours, will need to go through my bins and see if I can find it. I had no idea that it could be a ring. Great finds for you sentinel, I like the button.:thumbsup:

HB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back