VA/NC Hunters???

jessnorwood said:
Just curious if there are any other relic hunters around the Kerr Lake area? My grandfather and I have been arrowhead hunting around the area since I was little and I have just gotten back into it in the last couple of years. Have found some awesome stuff lately.

Yes!!! They are my stomping grounds!! I would appreciate your staying off of them!

jessnorwood said:
Just curious if there are any other relic hunters around the Kerr Lake area? My grandfather and I have been arrowhead hunting around the area since I was little and I have just gotten back into it in the last couple of years. Have found some awesome stuff lately.

Just kidding you!! :-) they are grounds that I hunt! I would love to catch up with you sometime.

jessnorwood said:
Hey...Hey... Watch out. Suprised I haven't run into you with the lake level this low.

Is it low now?!!! I haven't been in a while. I'm only about 20 min. Out of Clarksville.

NC field hunter said:
Is it low now?!!! I haven't been in a while. I'm only about 20 min. Out of Clarksville.

Last time I went, found this

image-1597736007.jpg

image-2645989375.jpg

I know where your going... that's the same Lake that record catfish was caught that you showed me isn't it?

GatorBoy said:
I know where your going... that's the same Lake that record catfish was caught that you showed me isn't it?

That's the one! Probably my favorite place on earth!

I have been fishing at Kerr lake, but never artifact hunting. Lets see some of this awesome stuff already. Welcome to the site.

Yeah! Welcome.... now wheres the photos? LOL.

theviking said:
I have been fishing at Kerr lake, but never artifact hunting. Lets see some of this awesome stuff already. Welcome to the site.

The Folsom point that you ask about, Viking, it was found there. Near blue stone! All of my better finds came from there. That is the best lake for fishing and artifacts. A place that I hold dear to my heart.

Now everyone in the area will be there! Silly man.

rock said:
Now everyone in the area will be there! Silly man.

Near!! Near is not spot on. I'm silly, not stupid! Well... Um, any way, their is no secret that they are there. In the town of Clarksville, their is an old barber. His shop is covered with frames of stuff he found in the area. You cant see the wall itself. He has the nicest collection I have ever seen in person. I think I'll ride down there in the morning with pops. I have my boat plugged in, but I doubt I'll use it. I have never seen the water levels low enough to beach a V hull this time of year. She said they were low. I hope so!!

Good luck! I'll be out hunting too. give me an update from the lake if you can.

I got to work all weekend and on my day off do some honey do's that I have been putting to the side for earlier hunting. They have built up now. :sadsmiley:

rock said:
I got to work all weekend and on my day off do some honey do's that I have been putting to the side for earlier hunting. They have built up now. :sadsmiley:

Bummer. I'll send you a pic of the lake too.

Ok sounds good.

Man! The lake was low!

image-3604138083.jpg

I hunted a part that I was not familiar with, and had minimal luck. One blade and a few scrapers. Here is the best of the hunt.

image-3874734086.jpg

image-182423233.jpg

image-1030645764.jpg

image-3838043552.jpg

image-1362744476.jpg

image-3707976617.jpg

image-2510502695.jpg

image-1986273462.jpg

image-3481890251.jpg

image-2224683139.jpg

Thanks for the view. Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just thought I would add a few pics for ya!!

I'm about 45 mins away, who cares about hijacking this thread... I'm about to hijack that whole lake

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back