jessnorwood

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2012
Palmer Springs, VA
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0
NC field hunter said:
Good luck bro! I have heard 900 miles of shore! If you want, get with me next weekend. I didn't take my boat today. That's why I didn't do all that great. We can take the boat next weekend and skip around the pond!

Hey i might hit you up for sure!

birdpointgriswold said:
Hey i might hit you up for sure!

Please do bro! Any time. I'll let you in on the couple of hot spots I know. On the days I'm not out, stuff is being covered up after it's small time on the surface. It will probably never resurface in my life time. I would hate to think a Clovis got covered, and I could have prevented it. I'm certain it happens on a daily basis, but, if I could help it, it wouldn't. I'll show you the spots I know, but you must quit your job, in order to guard the paleo holes! LOL! On my days off of work, I'll guard. Sounds fair, right? Lol!

Ohhhh nooooo cat is out of the bag now! I will try to post some pics soon. Went hunting today and found 7 points. It is a huggggge lake! Plenty of shore line and lots of different sites. I have lived on the lake all my life and it is my fav place in the world. My gpa has one of the best collections from this area. His passion for hunting was contagious.

jessnorwood said:
NC... Clovis at BIL?

No recent Clovis. Found these 2. My dad found the nice Folsom. I found the small one.

image-2467767809.jpg

image-2675466096.jpg

Pm me. I'll tell you what part of the lake these came from.

Ohhhh nooooo cat is out of the bag now! I will try to post some pics soon. Went hunting today and found 7 points. It is a huggggge lake! Plenty of shore line and lots of different sites. I have lived on the lake all my life and it is my fav place in the world. My gpa has one of the best collections from this area. His passion for hunting was contagious.

Dang I havent found 7 points all yr long that was whole. Bunch of scrapers and brokes though.

Field Hunter, can you post a picture of the other side of that BIL Clovis? Side pictured looks a little funky to me. Don't mean to offend, just have never seen a flute on any point that looks like that and the material color for NC looks off too. Again, please take no offense, I'm not an expert!

jessnorwood said:
NC... Clovis at BIL?

Further up the Dan, so more like on the river. Both of the paleo pieces. Also found a few hardaway/dalton points there. Of course they are there. The lake is a monster.

dlos said:
Field Hunter, can you post a picture of the other side of that BIL Clovis? Side pictured looks a little funky to me. Don't mean to offend, just have never seen a flute on any point that looks like that and the material color for NC looks off too. Again, please take no offense, I'm not an expert!

No problem. No offense either. These were found in VA. However, I have found this lithic in NC as well.

image-1960924400.jpg

image-2645979546.jpg

image-819512258.jpg

image-3129489084.jpg

image-3088076734.jpg

image-570864405.jpg

image-2347574800.jpg

A couple more transitional finds from Buggs. What about the lithic throws you?? Just wandering. If you ever go to Occoneechie (sorry for spelling) state park in Va., they have a small museum in the park. Lots of this lithic is in there. I'm not sure what it is, other than flint.

That last piece above is awesome!

Not sure exactly what it is about that piece but something about the flute and flaking look odd to me. Perhaps its the way it photographs, almost looks like a soft stone. The fluting runing to the edges all around also looks odd, have not ever seen anything like that before. It's an interesting piece, I'll give it that. Did you find it?

dlos said:
That last piece above is awesome!

Not sure exactly what it is about that piece but something about the flute and flaking look odd to me. Perhaps its the way it photographs, almost looks like a soft stone. The fluting runing to the edges all around also looks odd, have not ever seen anything like that before. It's an interesting piece, I'll give it that. Did you find it?

My dad found it. It isn't actually a Clovis. It's a Folsom. They aren't quite as old as Clovis. In the background you can see I labeled it at 12,000 years. That is wrong. It's not that old. I have only seen one similar myself.

Thanks for posting the pics, very interesting piece for sure. Some nice stuff in the background it looks like too!

dlos said:
Thanks for posting the pics, very interesting piece for sure. Some nice stuff in the background it looks like too!

Thanks bro! The background stuff is the best of pops and my collection. I'll post the whole frame sometime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back